Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   What is wrong with me? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=123580)

• Aug 28, 2007, 08:06 AM
    celestial rhythm
    What is wrong with me?
    This might be a bit long winded but I'll try to be as to-the-point as possible.

I am 23 and my live-in boyfriend broke up about 2 weeks ago because he cheated on me. I'm not sure the extent of the cheating, he claims he never actually had sex with anyone else, but as he's had many lovers before me anyway, that fact may be neither here nor there.

The first week after I broke up with him, I was very emotionally distressed. I didn't eat well and had diarreah all the time. Now I am more mentally stable and I'm eating regular again, but I'm still having really bad diarreah.

Also, about a week ago I got a yeast infection (dr. diagnosed). I treated it with 3 day canesten. The white cheesy stuff disappeared, but it was replaced with bright pinkish discharge. Two days after that, the discharge turned light brown, and its stayed like that since. The ichiness and constant diarreah also still remain. I am on birth control and am supposed to get my period next Monday.

I'm terrified that I am either pregnant or have some terrible std like HIV... I also tested as abnormal for my last two paps, and had a colposcopy in January, and they said it looked fine, though they wanted to keep an eye on it.

I have a dr's appointment tomorrow, but I'm just consumed with worry and fear... Does anyone think they might know what's wrong with me??
  • Aug 28, 2007, 10:28 AM
    LearningAsIGo
    It could be an effect of the medication you're on as well as your period coming. Don't worry too much until tomorrow, just write down everything you're experiencing so you don't forget any details for your doctor.

Good luck :)
  • Aug 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
    NikkiT456
    Quote:

Originally Posted by celestial rhythm
    This might be a bit long winded but I'll try to be as to-the-point as possible.

I am 23 and my live-in boyfriend broke up about 2 weeks ago because he cheated on me. I'm not sure the extent of the cheating, he claims he never actually had sex with anyone else, but as he's had many lovers before me anyway, that fact may be neither here nor there.

The first week after I broke up with him, I was very emotionally distressed. I didn't eat well and had diarreah all the time. Now I am more mentally stable and I'm eating regular again, but I'm still having really bad diarreah.

Also, about a week ago I got a yeast infection (dr. diagnosed). I treated it with 3 day canesten. The white cheesy stuff dissapeared, but it was replaced with bright pinkish discharge. Two days after that, the discharge turned light brown, and its stayed like that since. The ichiness and constant diarreah also still remain. I am on birth control and am supposed to get my period next monday.

I'm terrified that I am either pregnant or have some terrible std like HIV... I also tested as abnormal for my last two paps, and had a colposcopy in january, and they said it looked fine, though they wanted to keep an eye on it.

I have a dr's appointment tomorrow, but I'm just consumed with worry and fear... Does anyone think they might know what's wrong with me????

It could be a side effect of your medication, or you could have an std. Either way I'd see the doctor.