Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    westtrini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 03:44 PM
    What is Top Dead Center Position Sensor in a 93 honda accord
    Hi my name is darrell and I'm having a problem with my 93 honda accord the code says 7 and 8 which is throttle angle and tdc position I don't know what that mean can anyone help me please thank you. I did the test because the D4 light keep blinking and I loose power
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2010, 07:01 PM

The TDC Sensor inside the distributor is bad. You need to replace the distributor housing (genuine Honda only), since the sensor is not repairable:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post288473

Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors have not worked, at AMHD.

It's okay to install your existing Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil, or to install new aftermarket components, in the new distributor housing to save money:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Top dead center? [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install a new timing belt in my 1992 honda accord and my instructions are telling me to set number one piston at tdc. How do I know which piston is number one and how do I know when it is top dead center? Any suggestions on installing a timing belt or where do I start?

1989 honda civic. (code 4)crank angle sensor.(code 8) tdc position sensor [ 0 Answers ]

The car idles randomly after warm up.I check the ecu for codes and it gives 4 crank angle sensor and 8 tdc position sensor. I did a search and one of the ad posted by a guy in Canada says that he had to get part from different vehicles until he got all of them to work properly. Will I be able to...

Locations of Top Dead Center(TDC) Sensor 89 honda civic dx [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having troubles with how my honda has been running, the code on the computer is saying the Top Dead Center sensor, where is this located and what are any suggestions on fixing this problem?

How do I find top dead center [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mtd riding mower with a 14.5 briggs and stratton engine. It breaks shear pins every time I try to start it. I need to set the overhead valves on it. I know how to set valves with the feeler gauge but I'm not sure what the procedure is for finding top dead center before I set them. Please...

View more questions Search