Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Tools & Power Equipment (
-   -   Arc welding methods (

  • Oct 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Arc welding methods
    I see electric welds with names that leave me wondering if I'm missing out on something I should have in my shop.

    What do the terms "flux", "mig" etc mean and what are the features of them?

    Thanks! Lonnie
  • Oct 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Here is a web site that should help you figure out the answers.
  • Jul 1, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Flux is a tern used to describe the coating on a filer rod. That is if your stick welding. As far as your shop is concerned what kind of things you will you be working with? Steel, stainless steel, aluminum. What is your skill level with welding?

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.