Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   What does it mean if a guy keeps glancing at you at youth group? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=728847)

• Jan 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
    mlager
    I graduate next year and he just graduated last year
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:21 AM
    Wondergirl
    So you are both drivers and somewhat independent as to your comings and goings?
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:23 AM
    mlager
    Yea
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Wondergirl
    Then the world is wide open to you!
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:26 AM
    mlager
    Lol how?
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mlager View Post
    lol how?

You can drive to meet him just as he can drive to meet you somewhere. You don't have to depend on parents.

Has he ever dated?
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
    mlager
    Me and my mom share a car right now cause mine is getting worked on cause I hit a deer and ik I don't have to depend on parents, which I don't... how old are you?
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:45 AM
    Wondergirl
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mlager View Post
    how old are you?

I could be your grandmother. I'm old and wise and experienced in love and relationships.
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:49 AM
    mlager
    Oh well the way he reacts around me is like he is nervous when he talks to me and he like when I'm not paying attention to him then I look up, he like keeps glancing at me. When I see him glance at me sometime I see him smiling
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
    Wondergirl
    Ignore him next time and don't even look at him. See what he does.
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
    mlager
    I've done that, he still like stares at me, ik he wants to ask me out I can tell, but he seems nervous and I don't know how to get him to ask me out when he is nervous
  • Jan 21, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Homegirl 50
    Ask him out!
  • Jan 21, 2013, 11:00 AM
    mlager
    I don't know cause I've asked him to hang and he was like maybe I don't know, sooo I don't anymore what to do cause I think I'm just going to let him ask me out cause he needs to get over his fears to talk to me and ask me out, I mean like at youth last Wednesday he was talking to other people and then he came up to me and he was like sorry someone was talking to me, so that was first time he actually came up to me and talk me
  • Jan 21, 2013, 11:14 AM
    Homegirl 50
    Sounds like he likes you
  • Jan 21, 2013, 11:21 AM
    mlager
    You but I don't know how to get him to hang out with me cause he keeps saying maybe
  • Jan 21, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Homegirl 50
    Well you have to accept the fact that he is either not ready or he does not feel the same way.
  • Jan 21, 2013, 12:37 PM
    mlager
    OK

Threads have been merged.

How do you get guys to hang out with you when they say maybe?
  • Jan 21, 2013, 02:22 PM
    talaniman
    Its easy first you recognize he is shy maybe inexperienced and you invite him to hang out. Keep it light,loose,and friendly, but be SPECIFIC about when and where.

Example1. Going to get a burger after group want to go? You drive I buy.

Example 2. Can you come over for lunch Saturday at noon? Watch a DVD after? My mom has cookies for us.

If he says maybe, ask directly, Well when is maybe a yes, or NO? If he says I don't know, don't bat an eyelash, walk away and say never mind. Ignore him at this point forward.
  • Jan 21, 2013, 02:29 PM
    mlager
    I've asked him to hang out all ready and he said maybe I don't know then I went to bed
  • Jan 21, 2013, 02:43 PM
    talaniman
    Maybe you let him stare and ignore him. Forget it. Talk to another guy. He can't be the only one you know at study, or school, or anywhere.

Never be stuck on one that doesn't know anything. Hey, you tried, gave him a chance and he wasn't man enough to take it. That's his problem to deal with, NOT YOURS.