Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xorcist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 10:28 PM
    94' Civic LX no start
    I feel kind of stupid for writing this since it is almost all over. But I think mine might be different, let me start like this. I get back into town after a 600 mile trip (there & back). While down on my trip I happen to run into some heavy rain, going through puddles of water was no problem, then it was. I parked my car and went back to start it, no start. I cleaned all the water out from plug caps and dist. Car starts, I get back into town and my car is running fine, parked my car and went into the store come back out start my car again and we start to drive. My car started to stall out and then it did, no more start. Ended up towing it back to my house. But my my main questions are. Why did the car quit starting there, what caused it and how to fix it. I don't know much about cars, but I do know a bit.

The funniest part about this whole thing is that I bought some spark-plugs about 2 hours before my car croaked :(

I'm making a check list so if there is any thing that might help me solve this problem with out having to take it to a shop I would appreciate it very much, thank you.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 2, 2005, 01:51 AM
    Check your ECU for error codes.

What spark plugs did you get? NGK and Denso Iridium are best for Hondas... stay away from Bosch - I heard awful stories from people who used Bosch spark plugs, like a piece of a spark plug tip broke off inside the combustion chamber, causing ALL kinds of hazards inside the engine. Also, make sure you get the RIGHT spark plug for your car.
    Xorcist Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2005, 06:18 PM
    :)
    Thanks for the reply Cro, I got it fixed. It was a ignition module, but now its broken down again. Car will start but won't stay running, rmp tack bounces and feels like the car is bogging down. Cylinder missfire? Don't know but it doesn't stay running. Soon as I get my big check from work then I want to start fixing this POS up. Its not a bad car has about 160,000 miles on it still got another 40,000 :p runs smooth, other then these electrical problems. Dump it or Hump it? (Hump it meaning giving it love $). I bought some autolight plugs they are POS too but better then the old sh*t that was in there right? Well thanks for the replies and all that. PeAceZ
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Jun 25, 2005, 12:42 AM
    Well, I'd hump it :)

Don't be cheap on spark plugs... a set of NGK spark plugs is about 20$ here in Croatia... must be cheaper in USA. And NGK is what most of the Honda racers use, so I'd stick with it.

Bogging down? When did you replace the fuel filter? Did you read the FAQ on Honda Not-Starting problem on this forum I wrote? Did you check your main relay? If it starts but dies in a matter of seconds, it might be the relay. Try to keep the car in the shade (not on the sun) for a few hours and then try to start it. If it decides to start then - it's most likely the relay.

There's a procedure for checking your Ignition Coil in the FAQ - use it and check your coil.

When did you last time give your car a tune-up? Like: air filter, spark plug wires, distributor cap, distributor rotor? It's all cheap things - and it might help the car...
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Autolites are good to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Honda Civic Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

I read CroCivic's post about testing your Honda Civic, and there is some great information in there, but I have a 1991 Honda Civic 1.5 liter that won't start, but there is to fault code showing on the computer. The car had just pulled out from a stop at an intersection, and it just died. No...

94 civic - won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My son's 94 civic has an ongoing problem with starting(fuel pump won't run). I have read several of the posts concerning this problem. The main relay is not energizing when the key is turned on. The only wire in the harness that is getting voltage is pin 1 when the key is on. I took the relay out...

Civic dx 93 won't start [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, My civic won't start. I performed most tests discussed in other similar threads and here are my observations -I get fire at the 4 spark plugs (I changed the plugs about 3 months ago and they're covered by carbon deposits) -I get fuel when trying to start the engine Is timing wrong? ...

94 e.g. Civic Start problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys... I have a 94 e.g. civic hatch back 1.5 non vtec and well to the problem I went to change my ignition leads today car was starting perfect before.. but now when I connect up the ignition leads both old and new set the car won't start.. when all four are connected . So I removed one of...

94 civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

94 civic won't start.. if I disconnect the main really and jump terminal 5 and 7 on the harness the pump runs.. I took the really out.. and checked it per the manual.. all seems good.. I checked and seems to have no spark So.. the pump doesn't prime when the key is in and on position.. and...

View more questions Search