Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitlinandreg07 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jun 8, 2007, 05:57 AM
    4 months is this right. : /
    Please help...
    I had my daughter on the 16 of the 01 2007. It sounds personal but I still had my period for up to 1 month after she was born. Now she is 5 months and I haven't had one since not a single drop... it sounds stupid but am I going through early menopause? My sister in law did when she was 21...
    What is wrong? My best friend said not to worry too much and that they are irregular but I fear there is something to worry about...
    Please help... :confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Your post is a little confusing. Are you saying that you had your period while you were pregnant?

Kaitlin, are you breast feeding? If you are, periods usually stop when a mother is nursing.

Every woman's cycle is different. I very much doubt that you are going through menopause but nothing is cut and dry without examinations and testing. It may be your hormones haven't gone back to their normal levels. What you are experiencing now isn't that unusual or out of the ordinary. Also, if you have had sex, you might be pregnant again. In any event, if you are that worried, the best thing you can do for yourself is to make an appointment with your gynecologist and discuss this. He/she can check your hormone levels, check to see if you are pregnant, and can give you further insight into what is going on with your body.
    kaitlinandreg07 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jun 8, 2007, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Your post is a little confusing. Are you saying that you had your period while you were pregnant?

kaitlin, are you breast feeding? If you are, periods usually stop when a mother is nursing.

Every woman's cycle is different. I very much doubt that you are going through menopause but nothing is cut and dry without examinations and testing. It may be your hormones haven't gone back to their normal levels. What you are experiencing now isn't that unusual or out of the ordinary. Also, if you have had sex, you might be pregnant again. In any event, if you are that worried, the best thing you can do for yourself is to make an appointment with your gynecologist and discuss this. He/she can check your hormone levels, check to see if you are pregnant, and can give you further insight into what is going on with your body.
    Sorry i wasn't all that informative... i had no perios when i was pregnant, no im not breast feeding and i have had a pregnancy test that showed up negative...
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Okay, honey. I think you should make an appt with your doctor and discuss this with him/her. They will need to do an examination, run hormone tests, and whatever other tests the doc feels is necessary. Before you go in, look at your calendar and note when you had your period, the duration and flow level (was it normal, light, or heavy flow). Think about how you have been feeling physically and mentally and if there is anything out of the norm, write it down. Write down whatever questions you have. This way, you won't forget anything while you are in the office. The more info you can supply, the easier it will be for them to make a determination.
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 07:05 AM
    You are welcome kaitlin. If you remember, post back after you see the doctor and let me know how you are doing. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'd like to know where I'll be in the next 6 months [ 7 Answers ]

Goodday my name is tolu I'm a male and I'd just like to know what and where I'll be in the next six months. Cheers

Its Been 3 months [ 6 Answers ]

Its been 3 months sense my ex broke up with me. Her and I where together for 3 years and 3 months and engaged at one point in those 3 years. She seems like she moved on and has done things with another guy but still from time t otime our passion gets the best of us. I still Love her with all my...

F1 opt for 5 months h1b for 7 months [ 1 Answers ]

f1 OPT for 5 months H1b for 7 months How to file my Federal tax returns.

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

G2 after 3 months at 17? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true you can get your g2 three months after getting your g1 as long as you complete all those in class and driving lessons?

View more questions Search