Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 7, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Here we go again, pup is vomiting.
    I have an appointment with the Vet tomorrow to check out Callie's ear problems (smelly ears)... and tonight she drank a lot of water, she threw up, and swallowed it. Will she be OK until I get her to the Vet tomorrow?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 09:46 PM
    They seem to do that sometimes. I think she will be OK.

I hope you get some help on the ears.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 7, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Thanks. I have also swithced Vets so hopefully we'll get this fixed!
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 8, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Dogs have a weak stomach. It is very common for them to throw up after drinking an excessive amount of water. Imagine when you are very thirsty and you guzzle a whole glass of water, then you feel kind of bloated from drinking too much at one time. Dogs are the same way, but instead they just throw it back up. It is nothing to be worried about.
    As for the ears, both maltese and poodles are known for having bad ears. I don't know what you are doing know but it is important to clean them out everyday (if they are bad) with a solution you can get at the vet or pet store. But some dogs get infections easily and have to go on and off an antibiotic regularly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vomiting in the night [ 15 Answers ]

My son is 15 months old. He has had six instances of vomiting in the middle of the night. The pattern is always the same. Vomits a couple of times followed by a period of dry heaves followed by several instances of vomiting bile. The situation usually starts at about 1am and lasts until 6 or 7...

Vomiting dachsund [ 1 Answers ]

My miniature dachsund vomited twice now 6 hours apart. Do I withhold food ? Water ? For how long ? What should I start to give her to eat ?

Qweensland Heeler pup 9 mns old, No eating Vomiting and poopys [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hello all, First time here, so bare with me, I have a 9 mn old Queensland Heeler puppy, until 2 days ago she was just perfect, She's your typical puppy who thinks she can eat the rug, shoes, cell phone. The list can go on. We give her a rawhide treat normally at night and my other...

Daschund pup vomiting- please help [ 1 Answers ]

Today, my 2 months old daschund pup is vomiting excessively. I have been giving him controlled diet & he was healthy till yesterday. But, now, he refuses to drink water. His nose is dry. He has diaherrea & vomitting. I'm worried. Can someone please tell me is this curable? What I be...

Vomiting Doxie JRT cross pup [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you labman for your quick response. Mosquitos and heartworm are not, as yet a problem in our area... Southeastern British Columbia. We have noticed that his stool is often soft. Starts normal and ends soft. Is he not absorbing his food properly? The other thing which might have a deliterious...

View more questions Search