Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loves_it09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
    It Looks Like My Kitten Has Blood In Her Eye!
    I have a kitten who's around 5 or 6 months old. She was hiding in the bathroom all day today probably to get away form the kids and dogs, anyway when she came out I noticed her one eye looks a little darker so I looked at it and now it looks like blood or something is in her eye, there no scratches and I haven't heard her get into a fight with our other cat because she stays in the bedroom all day. I'm startiing to get pretty worried about her I've neevr had this happen to a cat before and I've had a lot of cats growing up. She seems to be normal she's playing and eating and not acting any different than she usually does. Is there anything I can do to make her eye back to normal or at least a little better? I forgot to mention her pupil in that eyes is big and the other one is smalland the big pupil doesn't seem to be getting smaller when she's in the light.I don't really want to take her to the vet if I don't have to so I'm asking if anyone knows if there's anything to do to help it?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Here goes my eye did the same thing from just rubbing my eye. ( my entire eye was red... Yuck) the eye doctor dilated my eye and put a med in them to make it stay dilated for 1 day ( so I did not blink , this is when it hurt). He also gave me eye drops to put in them every day for a week. Sounds to me that she has a tear in her retnia.. the tissue that surronds the eye. He also told me that the tissue starts healing immediately. If her eye was not oozing ,and she was not rubbing it constantly , since it has already been a day I would just wait and see. However I am a not a kitten nor a vet
    loves_it09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Her eyes wasn't oozing and she wasn't rubbing it but today it seems like its starting to go away, I'm not sure what was wrong with it.but she can close her eye and did everythign normal yesturday so I'm thinking maybe something got into it or something because it looks like its clearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    here goes my eye did the same thing from just rubbing my eye. ( my entire eye was red...Yuck) the eye doctor dilated my eye and put a med in them to make it stay dilated for 1 day ( so I did not blink , this is when it hurt). he also gave me eye drops to put in them every day for a week. sounds to me that she has a tear in her retnia..the tissue that surronds the eye. he also told me that the tissue starts healing immediately. If her eye was not oozing ,and she was not rubbing it constantly , since it has already been a day I would just wait and see. however I am a not a kitten nor a vet
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 8, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Bathrooms usually contain a lot of chemicals , smells etc. Probably got some irritation from a chemical or something may have gotten into the eye,
    Either way, Time will probably heal this, Just keep an eye on it for few days,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten with possible eye infection [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have just got a couple of kittens which are now 9 weeks old, a tom and a queen. Izzi the queen seems to have an area to the left of her left eye which has become quite crusty and white/creamy in colour. Both myself and my partner have become a little concerned about this and have...

Kitten Eye Infection [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: My cat just recently had a litter of kittens. They are almost a month old. All of them have opened their eyes completely except one. This one kitten has one eye open and the other seems so be infected because its not open and has this scab over it. Last night when I noticed it, I used a...

Kitten eye infections - help! [ 28 Answers ]

My 9 week old kitten has developed an eye infection in his left eye , which emits a yellowish snot stuff- is there a way to treat this from home possibly without having to go to a vet and pay with money I don't have? Any and all help would be more than appreciated - thank you!!

Kitten with eye infection [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 week old kitten has it's eyes crusted shut. Is there anything I can do for it before taking it to a vet?

Kitten with runny eye [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has a litter of five kittens. They are about 7 weeks old. I have noticed two of them have runny eyes. There is absolutely so nasal discharge and they are still eating, drinking and playing, they appear to be acting normally. How can I get rid of the runny eyes? Is there a medication I...

View more questions Search