Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shortasskt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Clotting tissue within periods
    The last few periods that I have had, they have had big clots in them, their not as big as golf balls, but not that far off. I get really bad period pains now which I never use to, and when I have sex sometimes or an orgasm, I get a really bad pain around my stomach, then a while after I bleed? What do I do? It really worries me. Hope someone can help:( :( :(

I am 18 years old, I am on birth control pills and I have never had an examination, do you think I should? It's the most embarrising thing I could think of! X
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 03:56 PM
    How old are you? Are you using any form of birth control? When was your last female exam?
    shortasskt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 08:13 AM
    I am 18 years old, yes I am using birth control pills and I have never had an exam, should I? It is the most embarrising thing I could think of! X
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 08:24 AM
    You most definitely need an exam. It is extremely important that all women get a yearly exam once they become sexually active.

What you are experiencing could be a number of things including a normal period on birth control, endometriosis, incomplete miscarriage, just to name a few.

The first exam may be embarrassing, but make sure you get a female doctor if you can. Remember that she has a vagina too, so she knows how you will be feeling. Also remember that when you go to the gyno that they see this over and over again every day.

Getting a yearly exam is important for your reproductive and sexual health. There are several different cancers that can be diagnosed and treated with an exam. Without the exam these cancers can and will be fatal.

I am surprised that you got on birth control without an exam.
    help2many Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Get an exam-- they really aren't that bad- and it will give you piece of mind!
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
    I agree get an exam. As far as the clots go... I always get clots with my period. It has become a normal thing for me. I do have endometriosis, I don't know if that has anything to do with the clots or not. With endometriosis periods are worse... A LOT WORSE for me, and sex is usually more painful. Isn't being a girl just a wonderful thing :(
    The only way to be sure of what is going on is to get an exam. Tell the doctor what is going on. Don't be embarrassed, she or he has seen 1,000 before you and will see 1,000 after you. Won't be anything new to him/her.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Getting the exam, like everyone else said, is no big deal. You literally wait for the doctor longer than you have your feet in the air! I was nervous the first time I went too, but afterward, I walked out wondering what I had freaked out about. It's really nothing, and it is so very important to your health. Given the symptoms you are describing, it's even more important you see a doctor to make sure there is nothing seriously wrong.
    lkim19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
    I've had clot probably similar to yours since I've been on the pill... I've had an exam done thought it was totally embarrassing but it wasn't it was very comfortable and pain free. YOu should go get one done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heavy clotting during period [ 2 Answers ]

When I have my period I clot very heavily about four, five or more quarter size clots what is this due to, is it normal?

Hard tissue in penis [ 1 Answers ]

I am 41years old, I noticed about a few months ago, that I was not able to maintain a erect penis for longer than a few minutes. I noticed by feeling my penis that there was a hard tissue near the end of my penis, lower than the head part, it is on the left side.. I also noticed that my penis is...

Clotting still 5 months after miscarrage [ 1 Answers ]

I miscarried oct 6, 06 I didn't have a d&c I have had several ultra sounds since they say every thing is fine I have been put on methergine, antiinflammtory, antibiotics, an pervera, an still doesn't help every time I start the 2nd day is when it happens I have some clots different sizes bigger...

View more questions Search