Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 01:45 PM
    My turn signals aren't working.bulbs or fuse?
    I have a 2000 saturn sl2 sedan and the turn signals have been acting up for a while... they come on for a while and then stop blinking, both on the dash and on the lights themselves... now they have stopped altogether. Would this be bad bulbs or a bad fuse? All the signals stopped left, right, front and back. I am not a car person and was just going to take it up to autozone... but I'd like to know they aren't feeding me crap.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Could be the phuses or maybe you need new bulbs. When you think about it, you may know a lot more then you think you do, positively girl, do not let them pull the wool over your eyes!
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Jun 5, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Check the exterior turn signal, emergency flasher and brake light lamps to make sure ALL of them are working. Replace any that aren't, although the ease of that process may vary.

If NONE of the turn signals illuminate at all OR the emergency flasherss don't illuminate at all you might need to replace a fuse. A multimeter is an inexpensive investment which has many household and automotive uses in addition to the use of the resistance/continuity setting to test fuses.

Find some other way to reach the parts store if the brake lights aren't working!

If lights and indicators come on but don't flash you might need to replace the device that makes the lights flash. In many cars that is accomplished with a cylindrical device about twice the size of a soft drink bottle cap. The flasher might have a plastic or metal exterior and is usually somewhere under or behind the instrument panel. It might be located near the fuse panel. Sometimes the flashers are a little hard to get to. Once you determine how to reach the flasher it is usually a matter of unplugging the old and inserting the new into the socket. The parts dealer might be able to show you a diagram showing the location when you inquire about the flasher. The turn signals and emergency lights might have separate flashers located adjacent to each other. If one works and the other doesn't you might be able to locate the flashers by following the clicking sound the operational one makes.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Thank you for the advice, it was very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's Up With His Mixed Signals [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on...

Earthquake signals [ 3 Answers ]

A devastating earthquake struck northern pakistan on 8th of October and within 10-15 minutes of this earthquake we lost about 70-80 thousand lives and millions home-less. The biggest reason of such huge loss of life is that we cannot predict an earthquake. But it is commonly said that animals such...

Signals [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Can any one tell me what is the difference between Large and small signal Low and high siganl Flipflop and latch

AC not working-Thermostat fuse blown? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in my basement tonight where my furnace and blower unit is located. I heard a small click and saw a flash of white light out of the corner of my eye. Not knowing what it was I inspected the furnace, water heater, etc. I then noticed that the air did not kick in. I checked my bnew Carrier...

View more questions Search