Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WIFEY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Same blood type
    I want to get pregnant but my husband and I have the same blood type (A+) and people have told me that by us having the same blood type that something could come out wrong with the baby! Is that true?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 02:38 PM
    No, your common blood type will not negtively effect the baby at all.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
    No you would have problems if you were rh negative, and your husband was rh positive then you would have to get a shot. If your both the same blood type then you don't have anything to worry about.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Sounds as though you both are PERFECT to have a baby. Even different blood types do not pose a problem unless, as Myth said, you are Rh negative and your husband is Rh positive.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
    No, It is not true. A + AND A + is very good match. No complications at all.

Your perfect match.

Now if the Mother was A - and the father A + then it could pose a risk but they also have remedies for that during pregnancy so there are not complications.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Type [ 5 Answers ]

I am blood type O-, my husband O+. When I gave birth to my son I was told he was type A+. Is that possible or they made a mistake?

Blood type for baby [ 2 Answers ]

My blood type is o- with rh factor, the father/s blood type is a+.HOW CAN MY CHILD BE AB-? HE IS MY FRIST BORN CHILD

Blood Type [ 2 Answers ]

Can a man who has blood type B be the father of a child who has blood type AB if the child's mother is blood type AB?;)

Blood type possibility [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether two people with A+ blood types can produce a child with 0+ blood type?

View more questions Search