Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tesianicole Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 12:58 AM
    My mom
    I love my mom and I have been so mean to her lately. She has a serious illness and is undergoing chemo and trying to work and she is tired a lot. I am a senior in high school and I also work so I feel I need time for my friends and she wants me to help around the house. It I s more complicated... my grandmother who I was very close to died three years ago on my birthday and I have not been the same... I don't show much emotion about too much. Last year I finally got together with someone I had loved a long time. We had a wonderful summer together and then he killed a little boy in a car accident and left for college shortly afterwards. He broke up with me last November and I guess my anger and distrust of everyone is affecting me... I have been to a counselor and ,my mom wants me to go back. She feels that my lack of emotion is a problem and I don't see it that way... help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 02:41 AM
    You do need some help. Don't try to face the things that you are feeling, alone. You have had some pretty big "heavies" laid on you in recent times. You need to be speaking with someone who is a professional on an ongoing basis. It will be okay. Your mom is correct in wanting you to go back to a counselor. In addition to trying to deal with her own, personal situation, she is also trying to be a mother. She also has a heavy burden to bear.

You have your things to deal with in terms of trying to do your best at school in addition to trying to deal with your mom's situation as well as the feelings that you have about the things that have happened in your life. Wow! You have a really full plate!

If you want to vent, you can vent on this site. We will be glad to help you as much as we can. But, there is nothing like the one-on-one helpful relationship that you can develop with a professional counselor face-to-face.

If I were you, I would cherish the times with your mother right now. The fact that she is on chemo treatments tells me that she is facing something that is life threatening.

Spend the time with your mom and get the help that you need for yourself.

Life is short. You will not have these opportunities again. Grab them while you can.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:18 AM
    Hi I'm am sorry that you have had to go through these terrible events at such a young age. Don't feel so guilty, about the way that you feel. It sounds as though your mom understands. You are probably being mean to her, as a way to keep yourself distant, emotionally. Honey, you are only try to protect yourself in case something else tragic happens. She is right though you need to continue with theraphy, also if you are in a city that has group meetings that deals specifically with greiving, that may be helpful, some of them even have children groups. Just try to make it a point that at least once a day, early in the morning or late at night give your mom a hug and tell her you love her. I have a 17 year old son that does this and it really makes a difference to us crabby moms. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

My Mom... [ 6 Answers ]

My mom has been acting... odd. I have a really long story to tell and I really want to hear some really good advice. Ok... I guess I'll start from the only place I know to... I have a sister. She is now 23 years old, and she is where the explanation begins. When we were younger my dad...

Want to become a mom [ 6 Answers ]

I want to become a mom but I can't so please someone help me:confused:

Am I going to be a mom? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: OK I am so confused I use to take the pill and then I stopped and my boyfriend and I have used no protection and I have not had a period in over a month and I just don't know what to do? I mean I have all the signs but I have not found out for sure. What should I do?

Mom in need of help [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is to receive child support for her daughter. She was a high school senior and dropped out due to loss of family member. She has enrolled in corispondece classes via mail from a reputable university. My father feels he has no obligation to further pay child support, because my sister is...

View more questions Search