Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardlyso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
    Dreams of death
    I have been looking around for any explanation for the chain of dreams I've been having. These dreams I have all revolve around me dying in some bizarre manner. The first of these dreams was really quite vivid where I was shot in the head four times in my car at a parking structure while I was putting a parcel on the passenger seat. The whole time however, wasn't frightening as much as it was just pure odd. It was calming and I felt my heart rate and breathing slow until I black out, and from that I guessed I died, and from which I wake. Then after a week I am kidnapped from a social situation and killed in the presence of friends. Then the latest one, I am stabbed while getting out of my car heading for my best friends place. I ended up on the ground bleeding and calling out for them but they just so happen to be out of earshot.

Those are just the ones I remember, but I've had others in the past month that I cannot recall too much of but I know something similar happened. Can anyone interpret these dreams? Its not that I am scared in or after such dreams... but It does leave an impression on me during the following days. I can't seem to find any really traumatic events recently to have caused me to have such morbid dreams. I am currently a freshman college student who lives comfortably at home.

Any suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Well, at least you're alive! So, you've just accomplished helping to dispel the myth that if you die in your dreams you are really dead!

Are you taking any medications? Certain ones, especially those that affect your mood will frequently affect your dreams.

Are you certain that there's nothing else going on in your life that you may be needing to work out in your mind in your dreams? May not have to be a traumatic event to trigger certain types of dreams. Relationships okay? How's school going for you?

Although it is not about death, I have a recurring dream that comes back about every few years it seems. I think that it is about me being a rollar coaster.

Maybe someone on this site is really good at dream interpretation. I hope that there is such a person here.

You also might like to check out the information on sites on the following link:

dream interpretation - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Sensing Death and dreams [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of years ago this happened to me in my old house. I don't know if it was a dream, or a halucination or what, but after reading a few stories here it was brought back into my mind. It was early in the morning, probably about 3:30am and dark. I wasn't feeling very well and was in bed. I...

Dreams [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal for pups to dream, cry out, and have her eyes wide open like she's scared? She's 9 weeks old and often "runs" in her sleep and makes noises, which is normal, she "sucks" as if she's nursing, which I also know is normal, but a couple of times it's as if she's afraid of something,...

View more questions Search