Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    want2bmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 03:12 PM
    How soon should I take a blood test to see if I am pregnant?
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 10 months now. I usually get my period the day of or the day before my ovulation calendar shows me getting it. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and I have not gotten it yet. I took a pregnancy test and it showed up negative. Does anybody know how long a person should typically wait before scheduling a doctor's appt to have a blood test taken to see if they are pregnant?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Every doctor is different. Mine made me wait until I was 7 days late.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I went to my doc after being 3 weeks late and he didn't do a blood test. I was not, in fact, pregnant. When my husband and I finally conceived I didn't get a positive on an hpt until I was 10 days late for af. You may want to try testing at home around 5-7 days late. Then call your doc. They will let you know when they want you to come in.
    vsolomon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by want2bmom
    My husband and I have been ttc for almost 10 months now. I usually get my period the day of or the day before my ovulation calendar shows me getting it. I was supposed to get my period yesterday and I have not gotten it yet. I took a preg test and it showed up negative. Does anybody know how long a person should typically wait before scheduling a doctor's appt to have a blood test taken to see if they are pregnant?
    You should go to your doctor once you are at least two or three weeks. Then ask to have a blood test and hopefully you can determine what the problem is. Good Luck
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Yes my doctor won't see you unless you are 3 weeks late and no pos on HPT.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
    My doctor gave me a blood test 4 days BEFORE I expected my period and it showed up that I was in fact pregnant.
    Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When to take a blood test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I am a 25 yr old woman. I think that I could be pregnant but every home test I have taken says negative. I have taken them early but I have been pregnant before so I kind of know by my symptoms that I am pregnant. How soon do you think that I can get a blood test done? Should I wait until I...

Blood test [ 2 Answers ]

I think I could be pregnant with the implant in been to the doctors today and he send for a pregnancy test to be done at the hospital and he also want blood test done what are these blood test he ask for to be done confused

Blood test [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to be charged for a blood test for possible dui or are they suppose to charge you before you make bail on other charges

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

Blood Test [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I bruise so badly when I had my last blood test? It is bruised all the way to my elbow and it's never happened before.

View more questions Search