Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncfree2rhyme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Give Some Feedback
    Rap is just a little hobbie I like to do so I can releave stress. I wrote this yesterday in dedication of those who say they love someone when they themselves don't really know what love is. It's kind of strange because I'm oonly 13, but I've got a mature mind so I think I'm right in what I'm saying. The instrumental I did it to is pretty cool. My song is called "What Is Love" and the instrumental is "Love Is" by Common.

What is love? Well, love is something mutual.
    See somebody who's not your usual as beautiful.
    Got some good things and bad things it'll do to you.
    Together whether people think it's suitable.
    And love is more than hugs and kisses.
    Hearin' all types of disses but you're still with the misses.
    It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
    But you got to make a sacrifice just to grab her tight.
    A fake love is just there to seduce you.
    A real love will make you see into the future.
    Mind state like Tyrese. You got one girl, two cars and one crib
    One dog and two kids.
    Do anything so you won't lose it.
    Never got to lie or jump stupid.
    Tell the truth. She won't ask you to prove it.
    "Who is this girl callin' on your phone?
    Your mama called last night. Why you front like you ain't home?
    Probably doing things that I wouldn't condone.
    What's this other girl's name? You better leave her alone."
    If it's real love she won't ask all that.
    And she won't care if you don't have tall stacks.
    And when she's with her girls shopping like mall rats
    She'll brag on her man tellin' her girls to top that.
    And to top that, she's a gift from above.
    If it's not that, then I guess it's not love.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:32 PM
    The rhyming is pretty good! I definitely like the content and depth to it.

I am glad that you are doing something productive like this to relieve stress!

Keep practicing. You will go somewhere with this type of activity.

I hope that you have, or will be showing it to your music teacher at school!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:36 PM
    I found this on the following site: Write a Rap Song Music Lesson Plan, Thematic Unit, Activity, Worksheet, or Musical Teaching Idea. I thought that it might be of interest to you. :)

Title - Write a Rap Song
    By - Bob Urbani
    Subject - Music
    Grade Level - 6-8

Raps are talk songs. They are not sung; they are spoken. They have a very heavy beat and a lot of rhyme. Behind the speaker of a rap, there might be original music, "scratching" sounds, and parts of other peoples' songs.

To write your own rap, begin with your topic. You have to know enough about your topic to rap about it. I usually make it school, friends or family and always MUST be in a positive sense. Once you learn all about your topic you're ready to rap.

Tell the whole story of your ballot topic in rhyme. Most raps rhyme in 'couplets." That means lines rhyme two at a time. Lines one and two rhyme with each other, but not with the other lines. Lines 3 and 4 rhyme with each other, but not with the other lines. And so on. The two lines that rhyme together are a "Couplet."

Begin your lyrics with a line that has a strong beat or rhythm. Rhyme the next line with the first. Try to repeat the same rhythm in the second line, too. Then begin a new rhyme with the third line. The fourth line should rhyme with the third line. Keep repeating this rhyming pattern.

The beat can be different in different lines. Some lines can be short; others, long. You might want to have a "refrain" in your lyrics. A refrain is a group of lines that remain the same and are repeated throughout the song.

A Rhyming Alphabet:

Use this special phonetic alphabet to help you find more rhymes. Begin your word with each of the following letters and consonant blends; make a list of all the "words" that make sense.
    B,D,F,G,H,J,K,L,M,N,P,Q,R,S,T,V,W,Z, BL, BR,CH,DR,FL,FR,GL,GR,KL,KR,PR,SH,SHR,Sl,ST,STR,TH, THR,TR

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just need feedback [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married for 6.5 years, 3 kids (1 from previous marriage.) Both my husband and I have been previously married. After the birth of our first child (4yrs ago) I found out, from an e-mail message sent out from my husband, that he and his previous wife were into the "lifestyle" or...

I definitely need feedback on this one.Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to everyone! Im new here and in serious search of some advice. Let me start by saying I'm a mom of two. My boy is 16 and my daughter is 11. Im 34 and raising my son seemed terribly easy compared to raising my daughter. I have lived in my neighborhood for seven years now. It started as a...

View more questions Search