Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captainclutch23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Best friend who doesn't act like it
    I have a best friend who has about 20 other friends. I'm new to the school, so I don't know those people as well as she does. It seems like she never wants to be around me, but when I confront her she just tells me that she's sorry, but she makes no attempt to change. She never invites me to sit with her for lunch, in class, etc. or be her partner in anything. When it's just me and her. Everything's OK. But when her other friends come into the scene, she doesn't want to be around me anymore. When I ask if she wants to hang most of the time she's busy. But when we are hanging out, one of her other friends calls and asks her to hang out and she leaves me to go with them. Should I be friends with her? How do I confront her in a way that she'll actually change, not just cry and apologize and move on?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Hi it's tough starting a new school when everybody already has their friendship groups sorted. Breaking in can be a real challenge - people are lazy and can't be bothered to involve you. I know- been there, done that loads of times.

What you should do is stay friends with this girl but don't rely on her to be you best friend, start talking to her friends, get involved with them. That way you could find other friends, also it will increase your chances of being invited places.

Parents allowing perhaps you could have a small party and invite people in your classes, that way you could get talking to new people and if they have any parties perhaps they'll invite you.

Did you know this girl form before you moved schools? Is this why she is your best friend? Or was she the first person you met?

Don't worry you will meet and make other friends soon. Personally I'd use this girl to meet new people through. Don't try and make her change it won't work, it'll just frustrate you and possible lose what little friendship she offers you. Work towards meeting new, better people, who will treat you in a more respectful way.

Good luck
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Best friend who doesn't act like it <<<< there it is right there.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If She Doesn't Act Like It Then She's Obviously NOT in ANY means your best friend

Best friends are people that are there for you no matter what and they always act like best friends that's how they got the title "Best Friend" in the first place.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 2, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Honey, if she doesn't act like your best friend... flat out

She's not your best friend.

Jun 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockabilly1955mama
    Honey, if she doesn't act like your best friend... flat out

shes not your best friend.

Isn't that just what I said? Lol
    captainclutch23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Well she kind of does but she treats me like her secret friend- like she's embarresed to be my friend and she doesn't want me to talk to her other friends

Jun 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Friends aren't embarrassed by their friends... If you can't introduce your friend to other people or you're embarrassed of them then they shouldn't be your friend... That's Bull$hit how she is treating you. If someone met my best friend and said "She's weird" or "I don't like her" or whatever I would kick their a$$ for saying that about my friend and I know my best friend would do the same.

*** If your friend isn't there for you 110% of the time... Then she's not there for you at all!! ***

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't find me attractive, doesn't want sex with me, isn't sure he wants a relationship [ 14 Answers ]

Please read this, I need your help I'm 18 and so is my boyfriend I've been with him for 10 months and for about 5 months he's telling me he's not ready to commit and isn't sure he wants a relationship.and at points he's said he wants to feel he can do stuff with other women should the situation...

How do I not act so awkward? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been doing this self development course over the past few weeks and during that time I met someone who happened to sit beside me over a meal. We did the small talk and why we were doing the course. I told him because I had started a new job and moved over from another country...

How Would You Act? [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone here knows how confusing relationships and breaking up can be. I am really in love with this guy. I broke up with him 4 months ago, due to the distance between us.. In 4 weeks or less Ill see him again cause Im going to study in his country.. He's going to pick me up at the airport...

What should I do? How should I act? [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, all. I am new here and I hope to get some insight from you all about my situation. It might be kind of long, so please bear with me! I have a good online friend who I have been chatting online/emailing with for 5 years or so. Over the years, we've talked a lot about each other,...

View more questions Search