Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troypt Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 08:09 AM
    92 civic without spark or fuel
    Okay so my 92 honda civic lx is still not running. It wasn't getting any spark or fuel. I replaced the main relay and nothing. I checked the fuel pump for power,everythings fine there. So I did the map sensor test and from what people say on here. Its bad. I turned the key on so al the lights came on, the cel was on then I unplugged the map sensor for several min and it went out! Before this I had a backyard mechanic check the distibutor and I think he may of put it back a little different. Because it turns over funny now, like not the typical honda sound, lol Going back to the map sensor test. I plugged it back in and tried starting it and I heard the fuel pump and everything. It almost started but the distributor wasn't acting right, and the engine light was off for a few minutes and it came back on, now it won't engage fuel pump. I really think it's the map sensor, because when I unplugged the sensor my cel went out. Its always been on for a year at least. But this is the crazy thing the mechanic did the test to see if my ECM was bad. And it tested bad. But then he found a so called ground coming from the ECM under the hood right by the map sensor. And it was grounded in the wrong place for a long time. But the screw wasn't tight at all. It really wasn't even making connection. But he told me that it's a ground that had power! He took it off what it was grounded to and did the ECM test over and it said the Computer was fine!? So is this normal? I am about ready to junk the car but It has too much money into it. When he grounded the three wires all hooked together on a better ground it sparked and made the speedometer bounce from 0 to 100 mph! And when these wires are not touching any metal, the Cel light is off! The ground has 12volts of power going to it. What should I do? Is the car screwed? HELP PLEASE by the way the mechanic told me that a map sensor wouldn't stop you from getting any spark and gas. I think he's wrong, Right? Lol
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Hopefully, reading sections A and B will allow you to keep it running:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CRX no spark, fuel, or ecu power [ 6 Answers ]

so I got this 90 crx and it was running great... has 206k miles and was running strong. Went and replaced the clutch and driver side axle and afterwards started right up... just replaced battery plugs and wires also. Went to the buyers house to get 2 rims put on back so he could have his rims back...

94 civic no spark or fuel [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am in need of desperate help. As you see I was repairing my radiator. After I did so I was refilling it with the car on to burp the system.. I realized that I spilled some coolant everywhere so with the car on I hosed down the engine bay with water carefully insuring none go into the intake...

Help I got no spark in my 93 civic [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 93 civic dx.. I was working on it today trying to see if I could find the cause of rough idle.. so I unpluged one wire I unpluged it and it idled down then died.. so I pluged it back in and went to start it up. No start, so I checked distrubiter and all plugs and am getting no spark. I...

Civic 2000,fuel and spark, no start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Civic 1.6 ,single cam ,that quit running.Engine turns over,good battery,fuel pump runs,injectors get fuel and signal to open and close.Also, it has spark and the engine timing is fine, but it does not start.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

View more questions Search