Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndorsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Gas dryer trouble with flame
    My Kenmore gas dryer takes 2 or 3 cycles to do what it used to in 1 cycle. Observing the flame, it runs about 45 seconds then cuts off even with a full wet load. It will cycle back on then shut off again after running about 45 seconds. I suspect that either the thermal limiter, wherever that is, is too sensitive, reacting as if the dryer is overheating. Does that make sense or is there likely to be another problem?
    mlt2242 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by johndorsey
    My Kenmore gas dryer takes 2 or 3 cycles to do what it used to in 1 cycle. Observing the flame, it runs about 45 seconds then cuts off even with a full wet load. It will cycle back on then shut off again after running about 45 seconds. I suspect that either the thermal limiter, wherever that is, is too sensitive, reacting as if the dryer is overheating. Does that make sense or is there likely to be another problem?
    I've had this happen to me twice. The first time it cost me $60.00 to get it fixed, the second time it was free because I did it myself. The vent to the dryer may be clogged. Check where the dryer vents outside and make sure there is nothing blocking it. I had a bird nest in mine the second time. Make sure that there is nothing blocking the vent. Let me know if this helps.

Michael

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace - no flame [ 4 Answers ]

Hope someone out there can help, because it's going to get cold this weekend! I have a split HVAC unit with furnace in attic. Written on front of unit is Intertherm. Inside panel of unit says Nordyne, and the Ignition Control is Robert Shaw. The unit is 13 years old and the heat worked fine...

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer Flame Not Present [ 1 Answers ]

Our Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer MOD: MDG3000AWW, S/N: 13282488UU, does not dry on either heat setting (normal; perm press). Thanks to earlier discussions on this site, I learned to check the igniter, which I've found does not glow. What should I do next? Never mind - I pulled the igniter out and...

Maytag gas dryer flame on 10 sec per 1 minute. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag gas dryer, model number DG9800. When turned on the tumbler will rotate, the flame will ignite for about ten seconds, go out for a minute, then reignite. The high limit thermostat is what opens and closes the gas valve. The vent line is clear. It takes a LONG time to dry a load...

Orange Flame Gas Appliances Make Me Blue [ 2 Answers ]

All burners on stove are burning with an orange flame. The heater and water heater also have an orange flame. Could there be a problem with the gas service into the house, possibly a meter problem ? Everything was fine and suddenly all went bad ? Thanks, KFMT

Gas Stove Flame is yellow [ 1 Answers ]

My gas stove flame recently is more yellow than blue and is not as efficient when cooking. I am wondering if I need a new gas stove or if it is the gas. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks, Sharon

View more questions Search