Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Almost Locked Down Again Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Community Control violation?
    Im in Jacksonville,FL. I am on Supervised community control at the moment. I have 2 months left on a 2 year sentence which will be followed by 3 years of standard probation. I have a suspended license at the moment. I can get my license back after I pay a few fines.
    Anyway, I had to get to work today but did not have anyone here to drive me there. I took it upon myself to drive myself to work. The only problem with that is that my girlfreinds car is out of order. I put her tag on my car and proceeded to drive it to work. I knew it was a big risk but have to work. An officer pulled me over for having a crack in my front windsheild. I was tottally honest with him. I told him I was on CC and that I had no license and that the tag did not belong on this vehicle. He let issued me 3 tickets and me go on about my business. I did not call my Officer yet today, but did call my attorney. My attorney told me not to tell me PO yet unless I was asked specifically about it. He told me to get the car registered and go get my license and that he could most likely get the offenses taken care of before they would cause a violation of my felony probation.
    Just as background, my PO has tried to violate me numerous times, but my attorney has shot him down every time, getting them dismissed.
    I am not one for lying, as in my experience it only ends up worse if you do, but I don't want to volunteer information to my PO and hasten my arrest. Im worried about the outcome of this whole deal though. I have been out of prision for almost 4 years now ( did 6 years in) and only have 2 months left on CC. I know the littlest thing can send me back to DOC and I do not want to go back.
    Anybody have any advice and/or experience with a situation like this? Can traffic tickets be " thrown out" like that?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Helo Almost:

If your lawyer kicked his butt the first time, I'd certainly let him try to do it a second time. Do like he says.

Can the tickets be thrown out? I doubt it. Can you be found not guilty of them, or plead them down to minor infractions that might not violate your release?? Sure.

excon

Jun 1, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Well, My PO came over this morning and asked me for the copies of my tickets. Now I don't have to worry about telling him. He said he wasn't going to arrest me on a "warrantless", but was going to talk to the judge and see what he wanted to do. He said they might arrest me this coming Tuesday ( my weekly check in day) or it might vbe a few weeks. He also told me to use this free time wisely and do anything posotive that I could do. Which I took as : pay as much money to probation as possible.
    Now I have to pony up more dough to pay thhe attorney to represent me in my pending VOP case.Which is $5000 more dollars ( you can't put a price on freedom though!).
    With this offense being my "first" VOP, I feel I have some chance. My PO told me that in this county , the judge would most llikely just end my CC sentence and be done with it. My probation was transferred from the next county south though, which means I have to go before a judge in the other county to take care of this. What a pain in the arse! Atleats the transfers from this county to the next happen on a weekly basis, there isn't anything worse than having to wait almost a month to be transferred to another county.
    Excon... I didn't drink the "soft peter" either!

Jun 5, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Still no arrest, I did my weekly check in this morning and my PO is telling me the warrant should be issued next week. I think he is blowin smoke up my though, Duval county jails is SOOOO packed. And the fact I'm on GPS house arrest ( they always know where I'm at) makes me think it might not happen. Im not going to hold my breath or do anything different from what I have been doing on CC for the past 23 months though. Just keep on working and paying bills.
    Excon---" i got a stamp for 2 rips!"

Jun 10, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Almost another week has passed and my attorney has been in contact with the states attorney's office and the judge, still no warrant! He filed a motion to dismiss a warrant if 1 was issued and asking not to issue a warrant if one wasn't already. Still hangin in there and hoping ( well paying really!) for the best.
    Purfekshunist Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 12:03 AM
    I'm glad things seem to have worked out for you... so far. I would have suggested coming clean with it right up front. POs have access to databases which alert them to any contact you have with law enforcement. Not reporting that contact within 24 hours is, in itself, a violation. It sounds like your PO is giving you some wiggle room or he/she would have filed a probation violation already. Good luck!

Jun 11, 2007, 09:14 PM
    I think he did to file a violation ( he said he did, maybe just to scare me, or my motion to dismiss the warrant worked). I got to go do my weekly check in tomorrow. Maybe ill get arrested then, who knows. Its almost harder knowing I might get arrested than if I KNEW I was getting arrested! Lol Head games suck.
    Adolphin69 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 09:52 PM
    GOOD LUCK!! I am also in Jax, Fla... M boyfriend is in jail now for his 1st offense of VOP.. He went to his PO and told her what happened and why he got his tickets the same day.. She showed up at the house on a Tuesday and told us there was no warrant for him and on that Friday he was arrested for VOP.. It took them 3 weeks to finally arrest him for his VOP... He has court on the 17th. You traffic ticket will not be thrown out because that is their proof for VOP..
    Adolphin69 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 09:55 PM
    And Duval county jails are packed but they always make room for more.. And just a heads up.. You will not be eligible for Bond.. You will wait about 3 weeks to see a judge for VOP...
    mariamortega50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Hi my son is on community control on the Monday of last week his po asked him if he would be working on the 4th of July he said she neither of them question on wich job site he would be working she showed up at one of his jobs and he was not there he was at the other location when he went to his po she said that she was violating him he was just working and has proof the place that he was working at send the po a fax with all the information and we have copies of the hours and pay for that day but still they pick him up to day what will happen
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariamortega50 View Post
    what will happen
    Please start a new thread with a new issue. I started reading through several 5 year old posts before I looked at the date. Total waste of time.

The will attempt to "violate" him and, if the judge believes what you said, the VOP application will be denied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Community Debt [ 3 Answers ]

I was married for 12 yrs. Divorced 5 yrs ago and kept our house (payment and 2nd mortgage). When it came time to sell the house that he had relinquished all rights to it had a judgement against the deed because he had not taken his name off the deed and owed the local hospital money. I had to pay...

Poets in community [ 2 Answers ]

Would love to know on ways to reach helping community through poetry. Its giving kind of poetic therapy...

Looking for community service [ 5 Answers ]

I live in West Michigan and I need to find some community service for my little sister. She has to do 10 hours for a class assignment and I have no idea where to start. She is 14going on 15 if that matters. Please help. Thank you!

View more questions Search