Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Can I trust the father of my kids to do the right thing
    My kids have been staying with their dad since Tuesday and won't be back until Friday when I get out of class. Their dad says he love me and wants to marry but his family can't stand me. I'm afraid that they'll try and talk him into trying for emergency custody. Can he take my kids though they've been with him for only three days. So should I trust this man. This is the first time I've let them go this long
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 02:20 PM
    If you love this man and want to marry him, please have a little faith in him.
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 31, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Emergency custody usually requires an emergency. On what grounds could he try to take them from you?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Unless he has proof that you are a harm to your children, you will never lose them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 03:44 PM
    To lose your children, you have to be proven an unfit Mother. You seem to trust him, it is his family you cannot trust. Which, sometimes, is the same apple. People can attempt anything it seems, but to prove an allegation? The burden of proof is on them, not you. What would cause you to think they would try and gain custody? What else has happened?
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Jun 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Very seldom will acourt separate kids from their mothers. You'd have to be a crackhead or insane.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Can you give us an update on what happened on Friday and how things are going? Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a stepmom keep kids if the bio father dies? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 step children 7boy 5girl. My husband has full custody of our 2 children and I want to know my rights to them if something were to ever happen to him (we are going to put together a will soon and some questions have been coming up). Their bio mom is a drug addict but her mom would take my...

Can I sign my right to my kids to someone other than their father? [ 4 Answers ]

I don't want to sign my rights to my kids to their father but the state won't let me have them over their father. What can I do?:

Can my boyfriend and father of kids be gay? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if a guy can be in a relationship with a woman,have kids by her,want to marry her and be Gay.I have a boyfriend,and every time a guy comes around he stares at him funny,does that mean anything bad.And also,if a guy has been in jail a lot, does that mean he's had sex in...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search