Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

May 31, 2007, 12:37 PM
    % of income
    I have a question about living expenses. Generally what is the best percentage of income should rent/mortgage payments be. In other words, should rent be 20 % of income to be comfortable, or should it be more or less?
    Jualsy Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2007, 02:00 PM
    It might have been 20% at one time, but now they will lend 5 times an annual salary for a mortgage.the % must have gone up massively.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 31, 2007, 04:55 PM
    A mortgage company will lend you way more than you can afford to pay...

Dave ramsey teaches your mortgage payment be no greater than 25% of take home pay...
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 31, 2007, 09:07 PM
    25 percent is the rule of thumb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the Income Summary Balance go to Income Statement [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a 10 column worksheet and I have a credit $ amount in the Income Summary account in the Adjusted Trial Balance. Do I move that to the Income Statement or the Balance Sheet section of the worksheet?

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

Second US income on H1-B [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a writer on H1-B, and recently I did some freelance work (filed taxes for all money received). Is this OK, am I allowed to have this kind of second income while on H1-B. If not, what do I do next? Please advise, FC

View more questions Search