Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penelope pitstop Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Maintenance dilemma
    My soon to be ex husband is taking our two girls away for a week on holiday and he normally pays me 100 pound a week for our three children,our son is staying with me.hes told my daughter he's only paying me 50 that week!now when he gets back I will have to wash and iron all the girls things which will cost me to do them. Should I ask 4 the 100 or not get into argument about money?
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

May 28, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by penelope pitstop
    my soon to be ex husband is taking our two girls away for a week on holiday and he normally pays me 100 pound a week for our three children,our son is staying with me.hes told my daughter hes only paying me 50 that week!now when he gets back i will have to wash and iron all the girls things which will cost me to do them. should i ask 4 the 100 or not get into argument bout money?
    In our country (sounds like you are in England) a father can't determine what he is and what he is not going to pay for and when. If he does not pay child support, he can go to jail. You need to contact a lawyer where you live. You can certainly "ask" him for money, but it does not sound as though he will give you anything. If you are asking if you are well within your rights, I believe that you are. Give it a try and let us know what happens. Keep in mind that you asking is not going to make him do what he does not want to do. Is there paperwork that states that he has to pay child support? That is what is important.
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

May 28, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by penelope pitstop
    my soon to be ex husband is taking our two girls away for a week on holiday and he normally pays me 100 pound a week for our three children,our son is staying with me.hes told my daughter hes only paying me 50 that week!now when he gets back i will have to wash and iron all the girls things which will cost me to do them. should i ask 4 the 100 or not get into argument bout money?
    I need to say one more thing, I don't think that you are being petty. Document everything!! Keep your feelings out of it and just state the facts. The fact that he is talking to your children about adult financial issues with the idea that your children will then tell you is a form of emotional abuse, as far as I am concerned. In this country, we are told in parenting classes that we should speak with the other parent and keep the kids out of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp maintenance [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know which maintenance programs should be run periodically to keep Windows XP running smoothly. Thank You, Frank S

Lawnmower maintenance [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of oil do I use for a troy built lawnmover?

Maintenance of A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse in SW Houston. I have 2 A/C units; 1.5 tons each. They are both 1996 vintage. I would like advice on reputable A/C technician in Houston to inspect my units and perform and required maintenance. Regards, Stan

Trespassing and maintenance [ 8 Answers ]

Since some laws are different depending on where you live, I'll start by saying that I currently live in Baltimore County, MD. My question is if a maintenance worker lets himself into my apartment to find out if I'm home because he saw someone knocking on my door, is this considered trespassing? ...

Maintenance Woes [ 2 Answers ]

For the past two weeks I have turned in both written and verbal maintenance requests for two different problems. Problem 1: the kitchen sink will take 3 days for it to drain half a sinkfull of water, and even then, as one side drains, more comes back into the other side Problem 2: ...

View more questions Search