Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizzlec Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2005, 02:05 PM
    Virus? Recycle bin issues
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes. I'm running a HP Pavilion a612x, with XP home OS. Up until a week ago there were no problems, then all of the sudden I noticed that after emptying the recycle bin, the icon still showed files in it. When opening the bin there is nothing visible, but when I try to empty it, it was asking if I was sure I wanted to delete Windows. I immediately said no and tried a reboot, no luck. I have run AVG virus scan, Ad-Aware several times, Spy-bot also several times, and have Win-Patrol Res. Shield running at all times. These have all found nothing. Now, suddenly it's asking me if I want to delete 3 items, still with nothing visible. The only thing that was done shortly before this occurred was an attempted update of Norton 2004, which was on here when the computer was bought 3 months ago (trial subscription), this time when I tried to update before the trial ran out a different update screen came up, it asked me to subscribe and I said no (AVG is definitely better), then I proceeded to update. Other than that, nothing else was done differently before it acted up. Is Norton that mad I didn't subscribe?? I've been deleting with Shift-delete since because I don't know how to handle the recycle bin (definitely a pain). I don't have the option of a re-install of windows (bought the computer used, have no Windows disc), did a system recovery immediately after buying. Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 12, 2005, 10:12 AM
    UnTrashed
    What is the name(s) of the files and do you login to windows with a user/login name?

P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recycle Bin [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using Windows 2000. For some unknown reason I am not able to access my Recycle bin. The icon shows up on the desktop and it shows up on my "C" drive in the Windows Explorer, but when I go to click on it nothing happens. If I right click on the icon, under Properties it says "the properties for...

How Can I Recycle These Peanuts For Squirrels? [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have some shelled peanuts, but they are salted. Do you have any advice on how I can feed them to the squirrels, how to DESALT them? Is this possible? THANKS.

Turn on Recycle Bin in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

Some time ago I used a tweaking program to delete files directly rather than going into the Recycle Bin. I don't remember the name of the program and don't have it anymore. I would now like to reverse this situation so that deleted files go into the Recycle Bin. I would be grateful for advice on...

Recycle Bin [ 1 Answers ]

I can't empty my Recycle Bin. Error Deleting File or Folder Cannot Remove Folder Logs(2); Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected andthat the file is not currently in use. How do you get rid of it?

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search