Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Arrested but never charged?
    My young sister is involved with a guy who has recently been in trouble with the law. He is out on bail and has a court date and yet says he was never charged. He was arrested but never charged. Could this be true? Am I wrong in thinking that if you are on bail to appear in court you must have been charged with a crime?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 07:05 AM
    Hello blue:

Uhhh, you're right. People aren't invited to court for a tea party.

excon
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Thanks. I think he is playing it down or trying to. The red flags went up for me. Think I'll have a serious chat with her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2007, 08:40 AM
    No, if he is on BAIL, then he had to be charged, he would have had a first court appearance where formal charges were made ( or he would have signed a waiver for the first appearance and merely accepted the charges to make bail sooner) But to be on bail, you have to have been charged.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Thank you. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
    peepoopoddy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Here it is. Yes he was arrested for something. He is out on bond and waiting court. Just sounds like he doesn't want to tell you for what he was arrested for. Now whether he is guilty for the charge is different. From my experiences yes innocent people do go to jail! Sucks but they do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrested by theft under 5000 [ 12 Answers ]

:( I made a very stupid mistake last month, stole some nail worth under 10$ from Canadiantire, caught by security and they called police. I got a ticket from police that notice me to make fingerprint next week to police station, and go to court by the end of this month.Now I 'm unemployment, so I...

Charged/Convicted/Arrested [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I was charged (given form 9 for appearance in court and fingerprinted) for theft under at Toronto CA (my first offence in my life, I am adult). In first appear I was asked to meet one community service lady, as per instruction I donated the money to charity and produce the receipt...

Arrested for shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested for shoplifting. The total items was $100.00 They called the cops . They made me to sign a form not to go to that store again. Cops told me that I will not have a criminal record but I will receive a notice to pay penalty. I am worried if they will notify my employer or will this...

Child arrested [ 5 Answers ]

In California is a child allowed to be questioned by a police officier after being arrested without a parent present? What if they do not book her and ask you to bring her back to be booked? If she is caught stealing to I get sued for civil charges of $500.00? Does she get charged with a felony...

Arrested - No Criminal Record [ 4 Answers ]

If a person was arrested and in the end, did not receive a criminal record, is that person still bondable? Will the arrest show up when a security check is done on that person? This relates to law in Ontario, Canada.

View more questions Search