Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aowens83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 09:30 PM
    What is the name of this piece?
    I had to replace the shut off valve under the bathroom sink, well the little metal piece that prevents the adapter of the shut off valve from sliding off the pipe is broken. I need to know what the name of this piece is please, and where can I get a new one? Thanks in advance!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 27, 2007, 06:54 AM
    That "shutoff valve" is called a angle stop. The "adapter of the shut off valve valve" is called a compression nut and the part you're searching for is called a ferrule, (see image). Ferrules are made of brass and can be purchased from any plumbing shop. Ferrules are the part that compresses against the compression nut and the angle stop valve body to form a water tight seal,
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a piece of nostalgia [ 1 Answers ]

I recall a film from childhood(1950s), but have been unable to find out the title or any other information about it. From what I remember, it involved a little girl with a sick/dying parent. The child had been told that if a cow knelt down at midnight on Christmas Eve, a miracle would happen. ...

3 piece rough in help [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a 3 pice rough in the pipe on the right is 3 in the middle is 2 in id I think itvents threw the roof the one on the left is 2in id. The pipe on the right is for a toilet of course But how do I get a sink and tub into the left pipe http://clubdisney.net/imageup/images/9688DSC01388.JPG

Honeywell thrmostat- what is this piece? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm no electrician so bare with me... it a round thermostat that says honeywell in middle.. took the ring surrounding it off... can see the dial and screws that mount it but there is this adjustment slider thingy at the bottom.. what is it and where should I have it placed... also the person who...

Champion 2 piece Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Have had toilet less then a year and has worked fine lately seems not enough power to properly flush toilet. Possible flush valve seal?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

View more questions Search