Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 09:03 PM
    ASUS P4P800 e deluxe
    Hey Gang,
    How good is the ASUS P4P800 e deluxe MB?
    Looking to build a DAW for home studio.
    Thanks
    STU
    lastshooter Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2005, 06:57 AM
    P4p800
    Assuming your going with the Presscott chip, from what I've seen, this chip performs poorly in audio benchmarks. You may want to look into that. I currently use a P4C Northwood chip,on a Asus P4800 Deluxe, and performs excellent,however I do not use it in a DAW environment. The Northwood chip at 3.0 outperforms the Prescott in audio tests, and equals it in just about every test and is a better buy.
    The Prescott is Intels future no doubt, but in my opinion, your better off with a Northwood.
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2005, 09:06 AM
    ASUS MB & chip
    Hello,
    Thanks for info. I am not locked in to any particular chip Will ck out Northwood. Have there been any temp issues w/ Nwood chip? Is there anything better?
    Will not be using for games but strictly audio. Although audio eats up a lot of mem + usage.
    Stu
    lastshooter Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2005, 10:07 PM
    Northwood
    This link will give you and idea of what each chip runs at different benchmarks. The Prescott actually runs hotter than the Northwood. From my experience, the Northwood does not overly run hot, I use one system fan and keeps things from over heating. This was reduced from three fans, as I had a voltage problem on the 5.5 rail while running a ATI 9700 Pro, leading to system crash. Once the volatage problem was cured, all runs fine, and well with in temp ranges.
    The Northwood does run hot, as compared to its AMD rivals, a first for once, as the AMD's were always known to run hotter than Pentium's. Read the results in its entirity, and perhaps will give a good comparison of several chips in the range you are looking for.
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-195-1.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and barton amd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could someone tell me what is the best chip I can put in this motherboard please? I was told it was a barton but which one? Thank you in advance :)

Sonic Deluxe? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the Sonic Deluxe game for PS2 is any good? I use to have sonic games on my old PC, but this is different, because it's on PS2. Thanks

Asus K8V SE deluxe motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me please? I have recently installed a new Asus K8V SE deluxemotherboard and AMD Athlon 64 CPU but can't get any image on the monitor - I have tried 3 monitors now. The graphics card is Tornado GeForce 2 MX400 (64MB, AGP). I have 512MB memory installed. I am wondering if the...

Asus p4p8x 865p mb & P4 2.4/800fsb [ 1 Answers ]

Help, I got a new motherboard and processor, the P4 2.4/800FSB and the ASUS P4P8X 865P board, now the board is only a 400/533mhz FSB but is made to overclock to run with the processor(the asus web site goes into great detail) but I can't seem to get the board to hold cmos settings when booting up I...

View more questions Search