Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rguth3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 08:52 PM
    2000 Dodge Durango w/code p0320 and p0700
    My Dodge Durango recently has been occasionally not starting and sometimes it bucks while driving. The codes are p0320 and p0700. I looked these codes up and found the p0320 was crankshaft position sensor reference signal can not be found while the engine is cranking. And from what I've seen for the p0700 it says it means that a code has been set in the TCM (transaxle control module). The question I have where is the crankshaft position sensor exactly located on the 2000 Durango's? On a manual I have for a 98 Dodge Ram it shows it on the transmission bell housing near the top. I have looked all around that area and haven't found it. Also I wondering if this sensor can cause both of these codes or are they separate issues?
    cw102000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rguth3
    My Dodge Durango recently has been occasionally not starting and sometimes it bucks while driving. The codes are p0320 and p0700. I looked these codes up and found the p0320 was crankshaft position sensor reference signal can not be found while the engine is cranking. And from what I've seen for the p0700 it says it means that a code has been set in the TCM (transaxle control module). The question I have where is the crankshaft position sensor exactly located on the 2000 Durango's? On a manual I have for a 98 Dodge Ram it shows it on the transmission bell housing near the top. I have looked all around that area and haven't found it. Also I wondering if this sensor can cause both of these codes or are they seperate issues?
    My Dodge Durango recently has been occasionally not starting and sometimes it bucks while driving. The codes are p0320 and p0700. I looked these codes up and found the p0320 was crankshaft position sensor reference signal can not be found while the engine is cranking. And from what I've seen for the p0700 it says it means that a code has been set in the TCM (transaxle control module). The question I have where is the crankshaft position sensor exactly located on the 2000 Durango's? On a manual I have for a 98 Dodge Ram it shows it on the transmission bell housing near the top. I have looked all around that area and haven't found it. Also I wondering if this sensor can cause both of these codes or are they separate issues?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
    CKP Sensors are normally located near the crankshaft pulley, going in from one side. They are fully exposed to the elements, which is one reason they go. Yes, I'd try replacing it first and see if it takes care of both codes. Disconnect the negative. Battery cable, before replacing the sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Dashboard Removal [ 32 Answers ]

My 2000 Dodge Ram 1500's dashtop has cracks throughout the dashtop. A 6" x 6" section has already come out. I want to replace the dashtop myself, since the Dealership wants almost $500 in labor charges alone to replace the dashtop. I could use some help here with Dashtop removal instructions. ...

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

2000 Dodge Ram stereo [ 0 Answers ]

The factory stereo on my 2000 Dodge ram has lost 3 channels. It is a 3 band eq, am/fm, cassette,cd player with steering wheel controls and does not say anything on the face plate. It has 2 pillar speakers and 2 front and 2 rear door speakers I have been told it's an amp under the glove box but...

View more questions Search