Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Kitchen Sink Sprayer Replacement
    My old spray head literally fell apart. I replaced with a new head (Danco brand). The problem is that now I get a weak spray with most of the water coming out of the faucet and not the sprayer head.
    rdb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 09:58 AM
    I am answering my own question. After viewing other entries, I removed the sprayer head and turn on the faucet. I got a good stream so the diverter was apparently okay, and therefore the answer must be in the sprayer head itself. There were two washers in the new head, both either hard plastic or rubber. On a whim I replaced them with the washers from the old head, both a softer rubber. The sprayer worked fine at that point.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I'm glad you got your sprayer operating. For your information the sprayer hose is pressured up every time you turn on the faucet. This puts pressure to the sprayer head but not through it until the trigger's pressed. When you press the trigger it snaps the diverter so it shuts off the spout and opens up the spray head so water sprays out. When you release the trigger the spray shuts off and the diverter snaps open again so the water can enter the spout. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Kitchen sink sprayer leaks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! We have a new sink/faucet system. When it was put in originally, 3 months ago, everything worked fine. But we had to have our countertops replaced and a new sink was put in and a different plumber hooked everything up. Since it has been hooked up this last time the sprayer leaks after it...

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I've lost pressure in my kitchen sink sprayer. The faucet is half on and the sprayer is half on. What's up?

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

Kitchen sink sprayer pulsates [ 1 Answers ]

When we use our kitchen sink sprayer, it pulsates. It never used to do this, it has just started recently. Any thoughts? Thanks, Michele??

View more questions Search