Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piggypower Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Dizzy Spells.
    I am 19 and female. I have never fainted in my life, or ever felt dizzy, not even fron standing for a while, but in the past week, there have been three incidences of having dizzy spells.

One was in class, I was standing but my knees weren't locked. ALl of a sudden, my teacher started spinning! And I had to grab the podium for balance. It was such an odd feeling. However, I hadn't eaten yet, but I never eat breakfast and that has not happened before.

Second, I was at work sitting down. I was on my lunch break, and already consumed food. Sitting down, the same thing happened. The person across from me started spinning.

I called my mom and she insisted I see a doctor, but I said I would wait to see if it happened again. Six days later, today actually, I was sitting in class and my teacher started spinning and I had to rest my head in my hands. However, the affects seemed longer, and although the spinning stopped within seconds like the other ones, I felt funny for about thrity mintues after that. I even ate a banana before class!

I am pretty healthy, I eat healthy and I go to the gym regularly. Im not on any medication.

May 23, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Oh, and I found this on the website...

"Hyperventilation can certainly cause dizzy spells. In this case there is often a feeling of being spaced out and “not with it” Suspect this if the symptom occurs with stress."

I do tend to space out a lot in class haha.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
    You need to be seen by a doctor. It is possible that you may have anemia, but only a blood test can confirm or deny that.
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by piggypower
    "Hyperventilation can certainly cause dizzy spells. In this case there is often a feeling of being spaced out and “not with it”
    Yes, hyperventilation can cause this, but you have to be breathing hard and fast to be hyperventilating. Hyperventilation does not occur with regular normal breathing.

May 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Ok, thank you!

I have never really understood anemia. I have had my blood drawn numerous times and felt fine.
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
    But you aren't feeling fine now. You may have iron deficient anemia, due to periods.

Having your blood drawn will test for anemia.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Low blood sugar can also cause this. I suffered from this when I was younger even if I had eaten, and quickly learned some foods were better than others. I agree with J-9. see a doctor.
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 01:07 PM
    True Angel, but she said it even occurred AFTER she ate, that is why I left that one out.

May 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
    So is anemia something that can just pop up out of no where?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Mine would occur after eating as well. It was particular foods that really regulated it... peanut butter, oranges, etc.
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Yes, it can. And it is easily cured, but a blood test has to be taken to confirm or deny it.

May 23, 2007, 01:24 PM
    OK, thanks so much for your help! I will schedule an appointment for Friday

Jun 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
    So I went to the doctors and I will get the blood results on wednessday

The doctor thinks its virtigo because my ear looks like it has a little bit of fluid in it, which is weird because my ear doesn't seem bothered

And plus, the dizzyness happens all the time, when I'm laying down, sitting, when ever.. so that's what they think it is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizzy kid? Or seizure.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, first time forum user here. I was searching on the net for a possible answer to a question I have. I just called our local hospital and the nurse was not able to help me at all, we live in a small town with a general practice doctor and a few nurses. I was playing with my daughter on the...

Headache & dizzy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am using glasses from 3 years with 0.5 sight with both the eyes with little angle. I checked my eye sight regularly and it did not increase. But I feel like my eyes are tired quickly when I am working on the computer. I usually wear glasses only while working on the computer and...

Love spells [ 53 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if love spells really work... I'm doing now a NEW MOON LOVE SPELL and it takes 12 days. I'm at the 10th day.. when should the spell work? After finishing it? Cause right now I can't see any changes yet... Please if anybody can help me..

Love Spells [ 107 Answers ]

I was just curious if Love Spells really do work... Could someone please comment on this. I have heard mixed messages on them... some have worked, and some have not, but would like to know if anyone has any insight. Thanks

Dizzy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old and my dizzy spells are getting worst, I fainted a few times, I always had this problem but now its getting worst. Sometimes my heart beats fast and I sweat and I forget a lot in school or when someone talks to me. I lose balance a lot and I'm afraid to leave the house, this happen...

View more questions Search