Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelcakes22uk Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2005, 11:05 PM
    Cats being harassed!
    My 2 cats are related they're mother and daughter, both are spayed also, but I'm having problems with the big male who fathered my eldests kittens, my cats come and go through my kitchen window and for the past few weeks this big male has been following my 2 all ova, wherever they go he turns up. He has tried matin with the youngest many times(his daughter) is this normal? Neither come into heat anymore do they? He is very aggressive towards anyone who tries to stop him getting near my 2 babies, he hisses and shows off his teeth on a regular basis, and he has been getting into the kitchen to eat their food, and its not just this big male I've seen others too in the garden, and some come in through my window following them.

I may be ignorant here, but I didn't think they would attract any males now they've both been done, what's going on ere can anyone explain??
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

May 8, 2005, 05:53 PM
    It is possible that some of the ovarian tissue was accidentally left in the abdomen during surgery. This can cause a cat to still put off signals and phermones as if she were in heat. Usually they act like they are in heat as well but it's possible that they might not.

If you truly want to keep the other cats away, close your window. Keep your cats in and the other cats out until the problem either goes away or the cats do.

Sometimes it is necessary for the vet to go back in to the abdomen and look for any leftover tissue then remove it.

I really don't know what else to tell you as this is not something we've dealt with a lot at our clinic. Good luck.

Regards,
    angelcakes22uk Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2005, 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks koriani, I've tried keeping them in before but it isn't easy, they scratch at the window and make awful noises if they can't get out, they've also been stopped using the litter tray since sachi was a couple of months old I really don't want to go back to using one again by keeping them in, these other cats are highly aggressive and I'm sure if I got close enough to one it would bite me. Just find this all confusin, didn't think this would be a problem with them being spayed :(

Thanks anyway for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassed about ex-husbands debts [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im in a bad situation, I'm receiving phone calls & letters stating that I owe them money however It's not me that owes them money it's my ex-husband I separated with him on 2002 when we separated he said he owed nothing like a fool & a trusting person that I am I believed him, I divorced him...

Friend being harassed by neighbor [ 20 Answers ]

I have a friend in my neighborhood who is being harassed by his next door neighbor. He's calling the city on all kinds of violations ( some warranted), he looks into my friends home, spies on his wife, peeks over his fence, and is generally making his life miserable. Has anyone else had a neighbor...

2 cats [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2 cats one is a 2 year old and the mother of the other one that was born in June. Both are female. The mother is VERY laid back and affectionate the youngster is the opposite yet they've always got along, till now. I just walked into the kitchen and as usual the young one nudged mum out...

How many cats do you have? [ 8 Answers ]

We were planning on having 2 kittens but we might go with 3. Is 3 too many? Right now it would just be me, my husband and the cats but we are going to have a baby sometime in the next year too.All the kitties would be inside. What is your experience with numbers of pets? Thanks!

Cats Eye [ 8 Answers ]

This morning my cat was lying in bed with me. I put her out while my husband was taking a shower because she has a fascination with water she actually loves it... After he was done with his shower he went into the living room to leave for work and my kitten came back in the bedroom with me. I...

View more questions Search