Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BraxaRI Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Deck Landing
    I'm building an "L" shaped staircase for a 10' high deck. A 6'X6' pad was already poured to support the bottom of the lower set of stairs. Can another pad be poured for the stair landing or are piers required for landings? The landing will be 4'X4'. We're building on a slope and locating piers can be quite difficult.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

May 22, 2007, 05:51 PM
    There are a few methods that can be used to support stair landings and your choice will be effected by the type and slope of the soil at that location, the seasonal weather conditions/concerns in your area, your preference for the aesthetics of a concrete slab or posts with footings and the local building code(s) where you live. I've built decks with stairs that require a landing and cantilevered the landing support from the deck load-bearing structure. You might even look into alternative materials for the structural needs of your project (ie. Iron posts, glue-lam header/joists, etc.).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Russian Landings on the moon? [ 6 Answers ]

How many times did russia land on the moon?

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

The moon landing and the flag slapping [ 6 Answers ]

How do you get a flag to do that where there is no gravity ? I hope you can see this link from NASA , can anyone explain how the corner of the flag folds towards the poster astronaut ? http://history.nasa.gov/40thann/mpeg/ap1... Best Regards,

Landing instruction... [ 1 Answers ]

Why airline crew ask passengers to open window blinders during takeoff and landing?

View more questions Search