Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

May 22, 2007, 06:25 AM
    What Is Your.
    While procrastinating my own housework, I was curious what everyone else's LEAST favorite household chores are. Mine is washing dishes (thank goodness for dishwashers!), cleaning the shower (because I'm short and can't reach that well, so I usually save that one for my better half!), and matching socks out of the laundry. Thanks for sharing!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite task. Cleaning the toilet, cleaning the shower, cleaning the sink,. everything about it is repulsive to me. I finally fixed the problem. I don't clean 'em. ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Oh, I hate washing dishes too! Yes, good thing for dishwashers, but mine died a very loud death yesterday. As for matching the socks, I get my kids to do that one. LOL I also dispise washing windows, because I am short so I can't get the tops very well and the dog slobber on the lower half is just a pain to get off.

May 22, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Ruby, yes the bathroom is definitely no fun! Thank goodness we only have one bathroom and it is fairly small so I just use Clorox wipes to wipe everything down!

Oh J, if my dishwasher died it would be paper plates and plastic cups and silverware till it got fixed!
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Better yet Ash, take out on paper plates. LOL, that way I don't have to wash the cookware. Worst part was I had a very large load of dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Well, going on vacation on Thursday for a week then back home to a new dishwasher. Hehe
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Ironing is the bane of my existence. But if you do not count that as a household chore, then I would have to say cleaning the oven. I will volunteer to come over and clean Ruby's bathroom seven days a week if I never would have to clean another oven ever again.
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
    I hate ironing too, but I have found something similar, not quite as good, but I put my clothes in the dryer while wet and just toss them with no heat, then hang to dry. Works pretty good.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 22, 2007, 06:56 AM
    I like washing the dishes!

I HATE hoovering and mopping our laminate flooring! It's such a long and boring task!

May 22, 2007, 06:56 AM
    J, great idea about the take out and I'm glad to hear you will be getting a new one!

Shy, ironing is most definitely a household chore, another bad one. I try to dodge that one by buying as many wrinkle-free garments as possible!
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 07:02 AM
    I have found some cheap work clothes at one of the local thrift stores and reserve my good clothes for special occasions, so the ironing has been cut down consderably. Still there are the pillowcases and my son's work clothes and his dress shirts, and a few other things. I will try your idea, J_9. Thanks for the tip!
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
    You iron pillowcases?:eek:
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

May 22, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Well I don't actually have a favourate chore, since I have to do everything like washing my floors twice a day'i have kids that spills drinks alot' ironing, doing the washing, cooking, I don't have a dishwasher so I have to do that myself'for 7 years now' but hey, I'm not complaining these things keep me busy, only thing that I like cleaning is my heart.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Laughs, yes, I iron pillowcases. It is a carryover from my upbringing. However, I do not iron sheets - I have managed to ditch that "bad habit". Lol Growing up with an obsessive compulsive clean/neat freak like my Mom taught me all kinds of behavior. I used to have to iron my Dad's boxer briefs! I would pity the person who would even dare to ask me to do that now. I would most likely iron them, but with the person wearing them. Hehehe.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
    K so I'm strange... I like cleaning the bathroom... it's the only time I don't have kids under foot and a hubby naggin about dinner. When I clean the bathroom he keeps the kids and I have just me, myself and I to worry about. I can't wait, here soon there will be two to clean and the hubby can clean the kitchen. I hate dishes even with a dishwasher
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
    I still can't get over the fact that Shy irons pillowcases!!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
    You are supposed to clean the oven? j/k

Sorting socks is the all time worst chore.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Lol... I don't have the time to iron... let alone pillow cases. That's just too much work. I might if we were going to have a house guest but not for everyday living. Takes too much time and energy that I could be scrubbing the bathroom... lol j/k
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 12:09 PM
    The only time I iron is when I am sewing.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
    I hate watching mum do everything!
    Its exhausting! ;)
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I love work - I could watch it all day!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question: