Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRALIS02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Covering large maple tree roots
    We have a 26 year old Maple tree in our backyard that has huge roots above ground covering a portion of our yard. How might we cover them up without damage to the tree, but in a way to make the yard more attractive. Thanks!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Decorative mulch is about your only bet. Adding soil would compromise the tree but mulch would be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple tree roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have a maple tree with roots growing into the foundation of my house. These roots are all above ground. Can I cut them without killing the tree?:confused: TIA.. Gloria

Covering maple tree roots [ 3 Answers ]

I have two red maples in my lawn whose roots I want to cover with mounds of "river rock" (about the size of tennis balls). Any problem?

Covering exposed maple roots [ 0 Answers ]

I want to cover my maple roots in the front and plant new grass. Can this be done with out harming the tree and how should it be done?

Maple tree roots. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I purchased a 1922 Colonial on Long Island and in the front yard, about 20 feet from the house, is a grand old maple tree. It is between the sidewalk and the curb and is tearing up part of my sidewalk and curb. I really don't want to take the tree down and I'd rather have a contractor come...

View more questions Search