Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sess84 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Skin lightner for acne
    Hello everybody. I am new to this site. It would be great if you answer me. I have been suffering from severe acne for the past 8 years. So far I have taken treatment from 4 dermatologists. And to each person I sticked for more than 6 months. I saw no improvement except for spending money for costly medicines. Today I went to a beauty parlor. She gave me a facial and a veg peel. Then she gave a cream. Its written skin lightner on the box.I don't want to become fair. But she gave me that. And she also said it will make my skin even and lessen the scars. Everything is OK for scars but for my acne problem?? Is it OK to use skin lightners for acne problem. Please tell me. I have paid $80 today for the facial and cream. I will have to continue this for 3 more months. I don't wish to waste money if it won't work for my acne. Thanks a lot in advance
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Ance scars can be treated with skin lightening products containing glycolic acid, hydroquinone or retinol. Skin lightening creams are available over-the-counter or you can get it from a dermatologist. You can also treat the acne and scars with glycolic-acid peel, microdermabrasion or laser treatments, which is done my a dermatologist. There are milder home microdermabrasion kits and chemical peeling kits procedures that you can obtain from a drugstore or pharmacy. Some treatments prescribed by dermatologists can treat acne and help fade the scars. If you don't see any improvement from these over-the-counter products, please consult another dermatologist for a treatment that's right for you.
    oneveryset Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:33 AM
    You need to adreess your acne first because yuou will be wasteing time and money on reacurring acne.
    Sounds like you need to be on accutane for 6mo's. While on accutane you should be using a skin lightner such as epicquin or hydroquin for some time you will see real results with both factors with in a week or two.
    I was on medicade so the dermotoligist was covered and all I had to pay was 140 for the cream that lasted 2mo's. I no this might sound a liitle crazy but if you don't have the money for the skin lightner then you can use your first morning urine let that sit on your face for a few mintuines then wash it off it's a down south old remdie. Or get a good soap like mj white that works good too. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tip for treating & clearing acne/pimple prone skin [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have very acne prone skin and have discovered a very simple, inexpensive way to treat and clear acne, pimples, large pores, black heads, and white heads. After only 1 week of use, my face is clear, skin texture is smoother, pores less visible, even tiny eye wrinkles are...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

Natural Skin Care for Facial Acne [ 3 Answers ]

So, I just started natural skin care. Using a lemon to clean my face and then a honey mask to moisturize. I also did some oats and honey (quite messy! ) for cleansing. I have acne and some reddness. And I just don't want to keep using harsh products on my face because I feel that is the cause...

Acne , blackheads! Scarred skin [ 1 Answers ]

OMG I have the worst skin I have scars from my acne acne all over and blackheads. It's horrible! I try my best to cover up with makeup but it doesn't even look any better because people always say I wear too much and it looks bad. What can I do it's really awful!!

Skin acne [ 9 Answers ]

Are there any herbal supplements you can take to clear up skin acne. I'm almost 24 and still breaking out like crazy!

View more questions Search