Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stefani1 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

May 20, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Swollen bee sting, is this normal?
    So I was walking down the street on Friday and I felt a sting on my foot. I looked down and saw what I thought looked like a bee. So I flicked it off my foot. It stung me on my big toe, hurt for about an hour. It itched all night and when I woke up on Saturday morning, my foot was SOOO swollen! Well its Sunday now and still swollen and as of last night had a blister right where I got stung so I popped it. But now the foot is still swollen and starting to get a rash right on top of it?? Is this normal for a bee sting? I think it was a BEE I saw but it happened so fast I am starting to think maybe it was something worse?? Im scared!! :confused: any sugestions? Help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
    It sounds as though you may be having an allergic reaction to the sting. You should probably be seen by a medical professional to be sure.

If it is still itching you can try and take some benadryl to help combat the allergic reaction. But to be sure only a doctor can diagnose this properly.
    GlitteringStarLT Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
    You need to take some benadryl asap. Put some anti itching cream like Hydrocortosone cream on it. You need to see your doctor ASAP while the foot is still looking like ti is. It sounds ike you may have an allergic reaction. It is important to find out for sure so your doctor can perscribe an EPI pen if it is an allergy in case you get stung again. If you're allergic to something you need an EPI pen in case you go into allergic shock. It can save your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bee propolis [ 3 Answers ]

I have a fatal allergy to bee and wasp venom (anaphylaxis). Tonight a friend gave me a bottle of Bee Propolis in standardized tincture form, which is supposed to boost the immune system. I'm wondering if it's safe for me to use, because of my allergy. I can eat honey. Thanks.

Carpenter bee problem [ 5 Answers ]

The other day I noticed a bumble bee making a hole on the wood right underneath the roof line, and today there is another hole. What can I do to stop them from doing this? What should I do to patch the hole? Please help. :mad:

Bee? Or fly? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble identifying a certain flying insect in my backyard. It appears to be a very large bee or fly, measuring approx. 2 inches in length. It has very colorful horizontal stripes(like a bee) on it's back that are yellow/red color... it has a long body. They buzz around the yard and...

Don't know but I think it's the bee gees [ 1 Answers ]

Starts/ it was early morning yesterday, I was up before the dawn Chorus/ goodbye marie goodby jane Can someone tell me what the name of the song is please?

Bee or fly? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble identifying a certain flying insect in my backyard. It appears to be a very large bee or fly, measuring approx. 2 inches in length. It has very colorful horizontal stripes(like a bee) on it's back that are yellow/red color... it has a long body. They buzz around the yard and...

View more questions Search