Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nacy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 09:39 AM
    What can I do if I was dismissed by university while I'm an F-1 Student?
    I am an F-1 student, now attending a university in NY, but unfortunately, I failed a course, and it seems obvious I will be dismissed by my school. And I already applied for several other community colleges to transfer, they are still processing my application. I know I'm in big trouble, and mad at myself, WHAT CAN I DO?
    salimdost Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacy
    i am an F-1 student, now attending a university in NY, but unfortunately, i failed a course, and it seems obvious i will be dismissed by my school. And i already applied for several other community colleges to transfer, they are still processing my application. i know i'm in big trouble, and mad at myself, WHAT CAN I DO?
    First and the only one of the few things you want to do it to "comeback" to yourself and not get mad at all. There are ways to vent your frustrations and stresses. Call all your friends locally and see if anything can be done before they pull out the plug. Hope this helps. When I was in the States for 12 years, I never understoood the phrase - When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I hope you do. Keep up the good work - doing anyway you are doing and in the end if that's a decision that you move - happily accept it. There are very many nice colleges and universities in this country too and they won't desert you. Good luck in your endavours.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Well first in most colleges, each class is independent, if you fail one class you just fail one class, it does not effect your status in the overall school.
    Assuming you are doing well in them.

So have you talked to the school admin about your current school.
    And there should be many schools you can go to,

But in the end, you can return home till you get admitted back into study.
    dvthomas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 09:02 PM
    ^ good advice :) best of luck.
    kelly10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 09:02 PM
    I do not think any university in the US will dismiss the student for failing one class. As far as I know, if a student get below the required minimum GPA for two semesters in a row than it might be a problem. The policy/requirement might be different from one school to another. You need to talk to your academic advisor. Also ask if there is a tutoring session for the specific course you're struggling with, never miss the class, do the homeworks, ask the instructor if you are not clear with the lectures (if you are not comfortable asking in class you can come on the office hours). There are a lot of possibilities for you to come back in track. Don't let yourself down just because you failed a class. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Student Advising - University level [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to be an international student advisor at a university. So far I have 2 years experience in this area, but would like to know what master's degree or professional program I should also take. (have a BA in English Language and Lit. speak Spanish, South Slavic Languages -- Croatian,...

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Dismissed in BK but lien remains [ 4 Answers ]

In CH13, charges of 1400 for a dept store bill were dismissed by judge. During court, my atty failed to "make a motion to dismiss" And now I owe 3400 dollars-as a lien on my home. It includes the original 1400, interest and atty fees. I called atty who wants to go to court which I am afraid...

View more questions Search