Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surf3860 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 04:59 AM
    A/C fan motor
    hvac1000,

I believe the wiring is right now. But, the fan will only run for about five minutes and then shut down. The motor, contactor and capacitor are all new. The wires were close to

The same, black black, brown brown and blue purple. Any ideal of what the problem
    May be would be a lot of help.

Thank You,

surf3860
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 18, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Is the motor hot to the touch after it shuts down?

Was the RPM and horsepower the same as the original motor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Motor [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone know where I can find a fan motor for wood stove It is a Englands motor #7021-4784 Type U21 1/60th hp?

Fan Motor problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a light kit. The fan stopped working. I pulled off the cover and found that there are bare spots on the black and white wire. The fan light still works. Is there a fuse or reset switch for the fan motor or is the motro bad? Thanks, Larry

Fan motor switching [ 4 Answers ]

I have a range hood with 2 toggle switches. One is on/off and controls the light. The other is on/off/on and controls the 2 speed fan. I need to rewire the controls to a lower location (wheelchair accessible). I would like to be able to preserve all the functions, but not sure there are enough...

AC Fan Motor [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference in the wiring for a 3 speed motor and a 4 speed motor? I'm having trouble with the reconnection of the new motor.

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

View more questions Search