Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinxi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 03:05 PM
    4 missed periods and 3 negative pregnancy test anyone know why?
    Hi all sorry new to all this :D,
    I am really concerned I have missed 4 months worth of periods and had 3 negative tests. I have been to my g.p and they have taken blood. My FBCS are back but my estrogen testosterone and hcg are not back 3 weeks later is this normal ? Or have I been lost in the system?
    Me and my partner have been trying for 5 years and still nothing I already have a daughter from a previous relationship so I can conceive. At the min all the docs seem to ask me is do you feel pregnant no I don't but to be honest unless I seen a baby on a screen I wouldn't believe it. I do have a bump and I am gaining weight but I won't diet till I know it's a definite no.
    When I go to the doctors I feel like I am wasting there time and that's how I am made to feel its not normal for me to miss a period at all I can be a week late but never this late.
    I did have incredibly sore bust few weeks back but no morning sickness but I never had that with my daughter either. I am really starting to worry that I am not having the usual tests if I was pregnant.
    If there is anyone with any medical knowledge who can help me on this it is much appreciated. Or if you have had similar and don't mind sharing your outcome as at the min I am very distressed about this
    Thanks all
    Stef xxxxx
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

May 18, 2007, 12:30 AM
    If you are a thinner woman than its very common to miss lots of periods they will change a lot and come when you least expect it... unless you are having very bad pain near your apendix than you may have a phelopion tube baby... but don't worry about it cause that's very unlikely and you would be in extream pain
    carola17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 07:22 AM
    What about brown discharge with no odor and no periods in a long time due to having been on the DEPO shot many many months previously?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Have you gone to your OBGYN? I would go there and say that you suspect you are pregnant. They would be able to tell by a vaginal exam and or ultrasound at this point. And if not, they can help figure out what's wrong.

May 18, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carola17
    What about brown discharge with no odor and no periods in a long time due to having been on the DEPO shot many many months previously?
    I have never been on the depo @ all :( had no spotting what so ever. No signs of a period at all. To be honest I go up this am and I actully felt pregnant but weather that's because its on my mind is another story :S

May 18, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly
    if u are a thinner woman than its very common to miss lots of periods they will change alot and come when u least expect it...unless u are having very bad pain near your apendix than u may have a phelopion tube baby...but dont worry bout it cause thats very unlikely and u would be in extream pain
    I am not extremely thin but I am not fat either size 10/12. It definitely not an ectopic pregnancy as my friend had 1 and I am in no pain what so ever. Cheers for your help though :D

May 18, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    have you gone to your OBGYN? I would go there and say that you suspect you are pregnant. they would be able to tell by a vaginal exam and or ultrasound at this point. and if not, they can help figure out whats wrong.
    See I think that's the problem as I have always stated I don't think I am pregnant as I said in last post I got up this am feeling sick and very belly forward (if you get me) but it is that long ago I think you forget what it was like to be honest. With my daughter I knew stright away as I was a size 6 so I had a little bump from the minuite I had missed a period. I have an appointment for a scan on the 13th of next month so that will give me answers thank god lol
    To be honest probably the best way actully as I will believe I am if I see it on a screen as appose to a urine sample and blood test because after 5 years of trying and recently giving up hope about 5 months ago I don't think it will sink in till I was to see it lol.
    Only thing now is the baby will be due around the time my partner is due to go on his lads holiday lol That's if I am by the way thanks so much all of you for all your help :D
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Yes I understand. I didn't really feel pregnant when I found out because I really wanted it and had already lost one and been trying for a few months, so when I started having problems and had to get an early ultrasound, it really sunk in that I was indeed pregnant.
    I have a little bump too, even though I am only around 10 weeks, but I'm pretty thin too, and this is my 4th pregnancy, so they say it shows sooner. I do understand the forgetting though, I am having symptoms that I totally forgot you would get, and it sux...

May 18, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    yes i understand. I didnt really feel pregnant when I found out because i really wanted it and had already lost one and been trying for a few months, so when I started having problems and had to get an early ultrasound, it really sunk in that I was indeed pregnant.
    I have a little bump too, even though i am only around 10 weeks, but im pretty thin too, and this is my 4th pregnancy, so they say it shows sooner. I do understand the forgetting though, I am having symptoms that I totally forgot you would get, and it sux...
    Aw I'm so sorry about your loss but I really wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy totally. Carnt thank you enough for your help on this and I really mean best of luck although pregnancy is rough the outcome is always best :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Missed Periods, Negative Blood Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I haven't gotten my period since Nov. 23. I took a blood pregnany test on Jan. 11th but it was non pregnancy. Before I got the results back from the pregnancy test my doctor checked my cervix and scheduled me for a sonogram in two weeks. (this Friday) I am really scared because I don't...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed period/negative pregnant test [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

Missed Period All pregnancy Tests Negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... I came off the pill back in November when I had my last period! As my husband and I hope to conceive. I was due a period on the 21st of December but no sign... I have done three tests all negative! I have also been to my doctor with no help!! I'm worried as I am having my wisdom teeth out...

View more questions Search