Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msmjd1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Composite decking - Trek vs. Procell; Fair price for deck piles
    Hi there

Any opinions on whether to use Trek or Procell for large composite deck at the beach?

Any thoughts on a fair price for 20' deck pile vibrated 10' into sandy ground at Jersey Shore?

Any input appreciated

MCC
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 19, 2007, 04:54 AM
    We always use trek or the brand the Lowe's carries, as long as its is composite you'll have no problem. I do know that trek at one time did fade a lot. So make sure you buy all you need at one time.
    You'll also need some galvanized finish screws and a square head bit. HOPE THAT HELPS NICHOLS TRIM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine a fair price for a business [ 3 Answers ]

My employer has offered me and my son a chance to buy her business. It's a commercial cleaning service that brings in aprox $15,500 a month. She wants payments of 7000 a month to be taken off the top of the profits. I'll be paying this for 5 years. There is no building in the sale, only...

How much is a fair price rate for wallpaper removal. [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know what is a fair rate to charge for wallpaper removal?

Composite Decking saw blade [ 12 Answers ]

The manufacturer (Evergrain) recommends 2 teeth per inch. Would that mean an 80 tooth 12" chop saw blade and 40 tooth 7.25" circular saw blade? From ThisOldHouse.com - "To cut composite or plastic decking, manufacturers recommend using carbide-tipped saw blades with 18 to 24 teeth per inch, to...

Decking on a Slope [ 3 Answers ]

We have a pool in our back yard with a ten foot concrete decking sourrounding it. We would like to extend a wood or simulated wood decking an additional 20 feet over an area that slopes down the side of a hill. The slope drops approx. 1:1 and I'm trying to figure out what type of footing I need...

Composite Decking [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing wood deck. Would like to replace the floor boards, railing and stair system with a composite material. Live by the ocean so need a product that will withstand the elements. Heard of Trex, Veranda, Fiberglass--any advice on these or other products would be appreciated.

View more questions Search