Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boy crazy Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Love or no love?
    I have a great guy friend. He is the type of guy that is there for you like a regular girl friend would be. He is sweet and funny and he always makes me happy. I have feelings for him but then again I think that friends is all we should be. I can't tell if we should be together. What do I do? I know I need to make up my mind but I can't. It's hard to decide. I don't want to get with him but then feel weird about being together and then break his heart by dumping him. I need some advice. Please help me by guiding me in a good direction. Thank you for reading my question.
    cely05819 Posts: 23, Reputation: 11

May 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Hmmm. I have to say that in my younger years I was in this position about a billion times. It's a hard one to answer. I remember that I had a friend that was very much like your friend. We did everything together. We were totally joined at the hip. He wanted more from our relationship and made it known. I made it known that I wasn't going to take that step with him. He didn't mope about it or anything. He just continued to be my best friend. It was great. Then he moved away. I cried myself to sleep for days. It was pure and utter torture. I was sure that I was madly in love with him and only realized it after he left. He came back for a visit about a year later. I was so over him I couldn't even remember why I was so upset when he left. (I know that sounds kind of cold but I had just moved on with my life).

If you really wanted to be with him I think you would know it and there wouldn't be any question.

Having friendhsips with men can be hard because you can confuse that closeness, sometimes love will grow from that closeness, it's all so confusing and I can tell I'm not being much help now. LOL
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
    It's hard when your in that position! I too have been there! I dated almost all of my guy friends. It just depends on your relationship and the person! This one guy I was really good friends with thought I like him and after a week realized we were just better off friends so I broke up with him! He was weird to begin with but after he got over it we were the best of friends. We still are today. On the other hand I dated this guy who was a friend he was the sweetiest guy we talked everyday for 6 months dated for 3 month and in the end I just dident like him like that. He stopped talking to me completely! I really missed his friendship and had a hard time with the whole thing because I felt like hurt him! So you just have to remember that things don't always work out how you want and you have to be sure of your decision before you jump into something! Good luck!
    paganheart71 Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

May 17, 2007, 06:29 AM
    If you're not sure, just stay friends. It's hard to find a great friend like that, but if you do decide you want more. Think about if you do break up and could live with out that friend.
    boy crazy Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2007, 08:31 AM
    Thank you all for reading and answering my question. I haven't made a decision so far but I plan to soon. You all have great advice and thanks for sharing your stories. It seems like I need to decide which would be best for us. It's just so hard because when I'm with him I don't want to be but when I'm without him, I want him around me. Weird, I know! Well, I'll keep you guys updated but I have to go now. Thank you again and goodbye.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 24, 2007, 08:43 AM
    If I were you I would sit down, relax, try to clear your head, and think about things... if you take the chance and go out with him it could be the best thing you ever did, on the other side of the coin it could be the worst.
    If you guys don't work out you will lose a friend, you have to decide if it is worth the risk to you. Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Just be friends as we all have thoe strong feelings for the opposite sex, but friends are forever and if you take your time you'll know if there is more to it as you grow together. Right now since you don't know how you feel, stay friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

Still in love or no? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating this amazing guy for about 2 months now. Hes just perfect for me.. so respectful, gorgeous, smart, nice, and a little jealous (thats how I like them) :) Anyway he moved here from Poland in March , and he told me he was in a relationship with this girl for 2 years, he fell in love...

View more questions Search