Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwsolomonm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Becoming a legal resident through marriage
    This is how I became a legal resident. Hi, I am new to this site and I look forward to sharing my voice to bring clarity, comfort, closure, peace, joy and happiness to all that are trying to bridge the gap of solving their immigration challenge through marriage. However there is one area of knowledge that I can share which can shed some light. That's on how getting married with shared interest and growth together through the rough process of marriage for love and then filing to become a permanent resident can be a fun filled adventure. As you all know it isn't for the faint of heart.. this can make for a healthier relationship with adventure and life changing events happily for all that really do love his or her mate unconditionally. I wish to share my experience so your experience can be a good one, the process isn't that difficult, but it is very deep. Thank you. Feel free to ask away. You can also go to a very helpful website which will give more clarification on the different questions that you might have about the process. Marrige for love or a green card . I hope you find the answer you are seeking... love always. Never give up. Never ever quit. The race is not for the swift but for those that persevere!
    royrocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 09:51 PM
    I need your help.. how can I contact u?
    dwsolomonm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 01:45 AM
    [QUOTE=royrocks]I need your help.. how can I contact u?[/QUHI sorry I was'nt able to get back sooner you can contact me @ [email protected] leave your contact info and I will give you a call ASAP . dwsolomonm
    ellebelly Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwsolomonm
    This is how I became a legal resident. Hi, I am new to this site and I look forward to sharing my voice to bring clarity, comfort, closure, peace, joy and happiness to all that are trying to bridge the gap of solving their immigration challenge through marriage. However there is one area of knowledge that I can share which can shed some light. That's on how getting married with shared interest and growth together through the rough process of marriage for love and then filing to become a permanent resident can be a fun filled adventure. As you all know it isn't for the faint of heart..this can make for a healthier relationship with adventure and life changing events happily for all that really do love his or her mate unconditionally. I wish to share my experience so your experience can be a good one, the process isn't that difficult, but it is very deep. Thank you. Feel free to ask away. You can also go to a very helpful website which will give more clarification on the different questions that you might have about the process. marrige for love or a green card . I hope you find the answer you are seeking...... love always. Never give up. Never ever quit. The race is not for the swift but for those that persevere!
    Hi just reading your message,I'm a landed emigrate along time ago,my parents took me to canada when I was very young,and brought me back to Britain in 1976,my brother stayed as he was older,my twin sister emigrated back to canada in 1997 and now I wish to emigrate back,would also like my partner to go as well,one problem he committed a couple of crimes over 10years ago,would they refuse our application due to this,can you help answer my? helen
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2007, 01:38 PM
    I'll answer this here since I don't know how to make this into a new question...

He will have to contact the nearest Canadian consulate and ask. They have forms you can fill out to request for Rehabilitation (basically requesting a pardon).

As long as the crimes took place over 10 years ago and the sentence (no matter what the crime was) was less than 10 years they should grant the pardon.

CIC Canada | Overcoming Criminal Inadmissibility

Sep 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Thanks for your answer,do I get the form and sent it with my emigration pack,or do I wait,and how do I get the form to fill in and where,our neasrest embassey is london england

Sep 13, 2007, 01:12 AM
    This is how I became a legal resident. Hi, I am new to this site and I look forward to sharing my voice to bring clarity, comfort, closure, peace, joy and happiness to all that are trying to bridge the gap of solving their immigration challenge through marriage. However there is one area of knowledge that I can share which can shed some light. That's on how getting married with shared interest and growth together through the rough process of marriage for love and then filing to become a permanent resident can be a fun filled adventure. As you all know it isn't for the faint of heart..this can make for a healthier relationship with adventure and life changing events happily for all that really do love his or her mate unconditionally. I wish to share my experience so your experience can be a good one, the process isn't that difficult, but it is very deep. Thank you. Feel free to ask away. You can also go to a very helpful website which will give more clarification on the different questions that you might have about the process. marrige for love or a green card . I hope you find the answer you are seeking...... love always. Never give up. Never ever quit. The race is not for the swift but for those that persevere!
    Hi,thanks for your answer,if I have an offer of a job through human resources,support of family members and plenty funding to support my family,is it easier to emigrate to canada,and were all in good health,and how long is the process once the forms are in,thanks
    HTucker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
    I need more information about the steps of the process and what documents I will need, how much time it takes and who to contact to begin.
    How can I reach you so that we can discuss?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
    To all on this thread. A word to the warning, with immigration matters one must be very careful to not rely too much on advice from those who were successful with their application. Regardless of the success of a friend, each case is different and judged differently according to its own merits.

I have seen many times a person listening to a friend and creating a whole mess in the process. Immigration is very complicated in some aspects and one specific thing does not work across the board.

If you are planning to come to Canada, I may be able to assist you in that. If not, please talk to a representative before you fill out any forms or take any advice from those not in the field.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Legal Temporary Resident [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Tax experts I started my OPT from Feb 20th 2006 and started working in the same university as a Research Fellow after completing my MS while on F1. Now the payroll says that I need to pay for my FICA as I am a LEgal Temporary Resident. What does that mean ? I have presently began my H1 from Feb...

Marriage [ 2 Answers ]

I want to marry an illgal mexican immigrant

Is it normal right before marriage to panic sometimes? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I am about to get married and usually I am so excited and like yea woohoo, but then sometimes I totally panic, and I am like crap what if I can't be a great wife for this guy? OR what if we do drive each other nuts? Crap what if we are getting married to fast? What if I am wrong and this...

Sex Before Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Well I've just turned 18 and have being going out with my boyfriend for the past 2 years, since I turned 16, he lives in italy and I live in london, and this has been hard for the last two years I see him about 4 times a year but this way I get to focus on my education so it is cool. But sex and...

View more questions Search