Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big mo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Sex after childbirth
    My wife and I have been married 15 years and have 3 children. Her first delivery was very difficult. Since then (13 years ago) she says sex has not been the same. Sex is not painful; however, her orgasms feel "100 miles away". She also feels anxious before orgasm as if it may hurt; however, she says it never does. This has not keep us from having sex; however, she feels she lost something after the birth of our first child, that she will never get back. Is this common, and is there anything I can do to help her?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
    She could well have some kind of medical condition that has gone un-diagnosed - But after 15 years, I'm think it is more of a mental block...

I suspect that deep down in her subconscious, your wife has linked together the act of having sex with the pain of childbirth.

If this is the case, you need to break her pattern of thinking. Identify that link for her and discuss what you can do to help her. You might try something "for her only" by stimulating her orally, or using your fingers, or by using a toy, but avoiding intercourse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periods after Childbirth [ 3 Answers ]

Before I was pregnant my cycles were clockwork, 30 days.. I breastfed for 3 months and shortly after I got my period back. The first cycle was 42 days, then 40 days, and now it has been 43 days.. and nothing! I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative... I feel pregnant but I am not sure if...

All about sex [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have never been in a relationship before, and the idea really scares me I just don't know how you would ever build up trust in someone? My main fear is commitment, I am scared to commit myself to anyone! I have a question though... how can you tell if its purely all going to...

Period after childbirth [ 1 Answers ]

I had a son 7 months ago and just recently started my period. After he was born I was on it regularly up until October. Since October I haven't had a period until a couple of days ago. My period is so heavy now is that normal? Im changing my tampon every hour, I have never experienced this. Should...

Is sex different? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi room I was just wondering if you feel different inside when your pregnant. Me and boyfriend had sex last night and he said I felt different he could not really describe it but he said it was like there was more friction and stickyness,, is this due to pregnancy or something else??

Sex [ 2 Answers ]

Please help, my wife and I have been married for eight years and we love each other very much. I have this worry; she experiences frigidity. She hardly feels like making love, though I try my best to arrouse and stimulate her. Is there any thing I can do to make her have sexual urges, is there any...

View more questions Search