Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flowerchild1946 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Rid my flower beds of poison ivy
    For the last 3 years, I've been battling poison ivy in my flower beds, not a lot, but enough to break me out! I've sprayed, cut off and sprayed, used bleach and many other remedies but every year it comes back. Any tried and true remedies out there? Thanks
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

May 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Did you try pulling it out ? The brown stems usually grow on top of or just under the ground. If you pull it out by hand, the best time is probably late fall or very early spring, and wear gloves . Be sure to get every part of the plant, including the roots or it will regenerate. Throw it all in the trash . Just make sure you don't try to burn it. When you're finished, wash everything, including yourself, thoroughly (wash your clothes separately from your other laundry)

Good Luck,
    Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a home remedy that can be used to dry up poison ivy quickly? [ 7 Answers ]

Is there any home remedy that my son can use to dry up poison ivy Blisters quickly? It seems to be spreading.

Flower boxes [ 3 Answers ]

How do I attached 8' long wooden flower boxes to a wrought iron railing?

Stock flower [ 1 Answers ]

What is the flower stock?

Getting rid of ground ivy [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove ivy from my yard?

Nothing about ivy [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of ivy would I need to get to grow up my back fence and a brick wall? :)

View more questions Search