Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michcamp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Wiring of a hot tub.
    We just had a free hot tub giving to us. We already have 220 in our house. We just need some help getting it wired. It is an older Jacuzzi model. Can some one provide us with a diagram or instructions.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2007, 07:26 AM
    You will need to get a 50 amp GFI. They run about $85 at Home Depot. This breaker is fairly large and many people do not have enough room in the existing panel so a sub panel needs to be installed. 220 isn't something many home owners want to work on so be sure of your skills before you start. I would first suggest that you test this old hot tub. I got a free one once and soon found why it was free. Any good electrician will know how to wire this unit, it's quite straight forward once your GFCI is installed. Open the side panel and tell me what connections you see and we'll try to do a test. Back to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot tub plumbing and wiring [ 3 Answers ]

To make a long story short. In the process of my divorce our hot tub popped a breaker and froze up. I had the pump fixed but the person that took everything apart can not remember how to put every thing back together. It is an old hot tub so I can not find a name on it to get any kind of...

Hot tub wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring a subpanel for my hot tub. I know the white wire from the breaker goes to the neutral bar, but does the neutral wire from the hot tub connect to the neutral bar or the neutral terminal on the GFI breaker?

Change Hot tub heater wiring [ 8 Answers ]

Gatsby spa is out of business, maybe for this reason. This is the wiring design I need to change it. By this diagram the heater is on whenever the thermostat says it is cold and 24 volts are supplied to the relays. Note the pump is not on. This design relies on the High limit switch to kill...

Hot Tub wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I installed a gfi breaker at the main box but wanted to double check my work. The neutral white wire from breaker goes to the ground bar. But does the solid copper ground lead go their also? Thanks

Hot Tub Electrical Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install a Dimension One spa that the manufacture calls for using #6-3 awg wire and 240 Volt - 50 Amp with a GFCI breaker and disconnect. I had the house pre wired for a hot tub and 240 Volt service. They installed a 50 Amp breaker in the main box and ran about 40...

View more questions Search