Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I hate my neighbors Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 05:52 PM
    annoying neighbors
    I live in a duplex, rent one side and live in the other. Recently a family moved in next door and have been causing trouble for the entire neighborhood. They come up on our porch, play in the bed of my truck and use our lawn as a personal playground. My tenants have informed me that they plan to move out as soon as there lease is up because of them. I have talked to the parent, the police and the management company who owns the house next door and no one seems to care. What can I do to get them out. I am losing money both from rent and property value.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

May 8, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Put up NO TRESSPASSING signs on your property and call the police when they come onto your property or your truck. This may be a good excuse to get a cam corder to record their actions as proof for the police.

You should also put their landlord/property owner on notice in writing what is happening and that you will hold them liable for any damages to your property from the actions of their residents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Getting into the bed of your truck is a criminal offense, get a video cameral and press charges, also sue them for any scratches or the such you find. But pesonally, I have found fences make very good neighbors.

After a number of times with evidence they may even be grounds to sue the other landlord because of loss of your tenant. Don't talk to the management company of the other proeprty talk to the owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying Neighbors! [ 27 Answers ]

Ok, at first my husband thought it was my imagination. My neighbors that live right next door do exactly as I do every year! The curtains, I get hardwood floors, they get it a week later, same wreaths at christmas, this week I put out certain topiaries a certain way on the porch then they go and...

Rude and annoying neighbors [ 6 Answers ]

Good evening there. We just moved into our farm house about 5 months ago and we are actually ready to move again due to our rude and annoying neighbors. We live on a pretty isolated farm and the neighbors are the only ones within miles of us. They and their bad little children just come over at...

Annoying neighbors cat [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep neighbors' cats from tresspassing on your property? We have asked them nicely several times and they say they will keep them in but sure enough, the next day they let them out again. The cats do damage to our gardens and we are getting very ticked off at...

We have annoying neighbors [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first time using this site so hello:) , My problem is I have very annoying neighbors:mad: , it started when we first moved into our new house, we had only been in the house for two days and that's when they first came over to say hi, well that's when it started there kids were...

Annoying neighbors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lab/pit mix that is 2yrs old. She is a very friendly dog, she stays in a fenced in yard during the day while myself and my husband are at work. Last week, we had this new couple move in next door. And now everyday when we get home there are new "toys" in our yard. So they keep throwing...

View more questions Search