Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camodur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Ceiling fan lighting mystery
    After 3years, my ceiling fan now turns itself own in low and its lights come on as well. I have had the remote reprogramed and replaced the switch assembly, but the problem still exists. It's a mystery to me, help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 8, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Are there any other RF sources in your home like remote TV or Dish? Changing the code should have eliminated this issue but I think it is still a likely source of the "ghost".
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Have you changed the frequency in both the remote and receiver?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Lighting Problem [ 3 Answers ]

My ceiling fan is giving off a very dim light. It is a Hampton Bay Brooksdale model. I have tried using various lightbulbs and various watts. When it was first purchased the lighting worked great but then all of the sudden the light just went dim. What and how can I fix this problem of poor...

Ceiling Fan lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new ceiling fan. Fan works fine, but the light will not work. Any suggestions?

Ceiling Fan Lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a light kit, all controlled via a remote. One night I went to turn on the light with the remote (ceiling fan running) as I have done many times and the light bulbs burned out. I replaced the bulbs and they won't work, but the fan works fine. I took apart the unit. I...

Ceiling Fan Lighting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have just installed a brand new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan comes on but the light that is underneath doesn't. The wiring system that I had came with a male and female plugging unit. I matched up the colors on the plug but the light that is underneath the fan doesn't come on. Any...

Ceiling Fan Mystery [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with a hand held remote. After living in this home for approx. 3 years, the fan started coming on by itself. Sometimes the light would also come on and other times the light or fan would come on by itself. We first thought the batteries in the remote might be low...

View more questions Search