Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeansbaby1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Traveling nurse home base.
    Can I use a po box to establish a home base for tax purposes. What about using a sisters mailing address along with a po box to establish a home base. Going to be a travel nurse and don't want to pay each states taxes and get a deduction fro lots of things on the road.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 8, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Jean:

In a similar posting, we established that, without properly establishing a home base for tax purposes, you CANNOT claim the temporary living expenses while working as a traveling nurse.

Use of a post office box is not sufficient.

Using your sister's mailing address as your own is TAX FRAUD, because you are actively representing your sister's address as your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home base job [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there I want to know do you know any company offering home base work via internet or sending work to home please sent the web site of a reliable company Thank you

Traveling nurse taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I am becoming a traveling nurse and will be working in several states. I will not have a permanent home but will live out of a suitcase. Am I better to keep a mailling address in anyone state and then pay taxes accordingly. My employer provides my housing etc tax free. Currently in Wi and can rent...

Home Base Jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know any legit home base companies to work for. Most of them seem to be scams.

Funding to start home base business [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know where can I get a government grant to start a home base business without paying any money.

View more questions Search