Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Keyboard CONTROL button location
    For umpteen years I've used the Control button in the lower left corner. Every keyboard I've known has had it there.

Now I have a laptop where the "Fn" button is there... drives me nuts! I keep hitting Fn when I mean to hit Control.

... and there'll be no getting used to it as my other 2 well-used computers have CONTROL in the lower left.

What's up with this?

... just venting a bit.

Why oh why would a big manufacturer do something as crazy as relocating a key whose location has pretty much become an industry standard?

Isn't that like putting the brake pedal on the right in a vehicle?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 7, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Hehehehe welcome to the HP/Compaq Club.
    I have no idea why they have chosen to switch these buttons over, but you soon get used to it ;)
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:20 AM
    We'll have to add Gateway to the list too.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Add IBM Thinkpads too. :(

Also no Windows key.

Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Misery loves company :) Glad to know I'm not alone. Seems crazy to me to change something that has become a standard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

When my computer starts it shows the messege which say (unlock keyboard).what can I do To solve that problem?

Hampton bay remote control-reverse button [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed the fan. Everything works except the reverse. I shut the fan off and while the blades were turning, pressed the reverse, as per the directions. Any clue?

View more questions Search