Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxrdgzprincessxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Pregnant after an abortion?
    I recently had an abortion on March 2nd of this year. I regret it so much. I also have a 2 year old daughter who I love so much. I allowed other people to gas my head up an bring me down with the past pregnancy so I terminated it an I regret it so much. After the abortion they said your supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex. I think I waited 4. I am still with my daughters father. The next day after sex I remember I spotted but that was it an that was on march 30. I haven't bled or had a period since then. Is it possible I'm pregnant. I know they say its easy to get pregnant after an abortion. But I waited 4 weeks. If I am pregnant I decided I am keeping this child with out a doubt I won't make the same mistake again that tore me apart. My fiancé didn't want me to do it last time an so much more then wants another child. If anyone has had an experiene like this or can help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

May 6, 2007, 03:01 PM
    You faced one of the most difficult decisions you will ever have to make. Having second thoughts is normal. Beating yourself up will not change the situation. Nor will purposely trying to get pregnant as a way to get something back... You need to learn from your choices and the consequences. Wait until you have had time to heal from this decision. I have several friends who have done exactly what your saying. Even my own daughter. But in the end, it will never take away whatever you feel about the choice you made. You did what you thought was right. Don't try and second guess. Nobody wins on a "what if" question. I hope you are not pregnant as it will only bring about more feelings and possible guilt. Try and give yourself time. Mourn your loss. I truly hurt with you as I know that women have such hard decisions to make often with negative circumstances surrounding them. Cathy
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2007, 09:14 PM
    You may have waited 4 weeks, but you didn't wait the prescribed 6 weeks, and if you had unprotected sex, it is very likely you could be pregnant. It could just be the effects of the abortion. It could also be that your guilt is making you hope for a pregnancy to make up for what happened before, and you are just delaying your period with these hopes. Unfortunately there is no way to tell for sure until you get those positive results. I would suggest that you visit, or at least call your doctor and share your concerns/hopes and ask for their opinions on the matter. They can tell you if this is normal, etc. and give you advice as to when to take a test, come in for a visit, etc.
    ovege Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 02:28 PM
    In fact I am exactly in the same situation as you. I think you should not abort the baby if your are pregnant. Nomatter the down there will be ups. Did you immagine your daughter will be this age. Can you imagine somebody taking her awa from you now. Well we all learn from our mistake. State the number of childern you want and the life you are able to provide to them.
    Yvette.
    ovege Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 02:29 PM
    With god reasons
    usaann Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Nov 7, 2009, 08:16 PM

I had abortion too. Because of baby abnormalities , after that a can't sleep , I understand what you feel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks after abortion, still no period. Could I be pregnant? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( I live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day I took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stopped bleeding 6 days after, so I went to the doctor and she made me a...

Abortion [ 33 Answers ]

I know my views... what are yours?

Abortion now might be pregnant [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I recently after deciding for weeks, that I would have an abortion. I know I have been through every feeling about having had the decision of having an abortion :( . I had it done on feb 21th and bled for two and a half weeks after that. Now!! I haven't had a period since then and I don't know...

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search