Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theroixs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Bradford Pear Issues
    I have two Bradford Pear trees and this is the 3rd year. The leaves are very pale green and they are very small this year. Last year they were red in August, which I blamed it on the drought last summer. I have been told never to fertilize a Bradford Pear tree. What would be advisable to care for this issue with my trees. Do I give them some kind of food and if so, what?

Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 07:07 PM
    We put food steaks in the ground around ours every spring. They are now 5 years old and about 14 feet tall and very thick.

Now remember that Bradfords have a tendency to split down the middle at older ages due to their method of growth and that the trunk can't handle all of the weight above. So you may want to try and keep yours trimmed to aid in avoiding that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

CD Issues [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so I put a CD in and all it does is make a weird noise a couple times and not read the CD! I have Windows XP and it shows up that there's no CD in the Drive, what the hells going on?

The old bradford pear problem [ 1 Answers ]

Yes, it happened... my beautiful bradford pear tree split.looks good on three sides but now I have a island with a damaged tree. Should I cut it down or just haul off the giant branch and leave it be?

Bradford Pear Tree [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bradford pear that has way to many berries on it in the fall. The ground is a mess. Short of cutting it down, is there anything I can do to eliminate these small berries (pears?). They come in clusters and are about the size of cranberries. The tree is 30 to 40 ft. tall and I cannot reach...

View more questions Search